“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have never written a review before, however this hotel requires it. I am a little bit of a hotel snob, so I did not expect a small hotel to deliver such great service or such a nice physical presence. It is spotless and beautiful and a quiet, cool oasis in the middle of everything. The staff is unbelievably attentive and friendly. They presented us with champagne upon checking in and there is a very nice european style breakfast, wine and cheese in the evening and cookies in the evening. They have peach iced tea, fruit flavored water, lavender lemon aid and coffee all the time in the lobby which is extraordinary. It is small enough that chatting with fellow guests is easy, but not so small that you feel forced to be social if you don't want to do so. There is valet service, baggage service and they will go out of their way to provide anything you want. The Ritz-Carlton could learn from them. Everything in the historic district is walkable. I would highly recommend them.

Room Tip: Rooms near the center don't always have a tub, but a very nice shower.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for giving us the honor of your first review! I am delighted that you had such great experience with us. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope all is well back in Missouri!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I have been looking forward to a trip to Charleston for years. Our time finally arrived to go and celebrate our 28th anniversary. In reading over reviews, we decided to choose the FQI. We were not disappointed. Every detail was close to perfection. From the valet parking, to the front desk, the quality of the rooms, and all the many receptions offered, each continued to make our 3 night stay remarkable. We loved the room, and the most comfortable bedding (even able to choose your own type of pillows). The breakfast had so many choices. The wine and cheese reception and the cookies and milk and endless coffee (even outside our room) made us feel special. Jenny was exceptional in her service. Jordan did an impeccable job of making sure all our questions were answered and baggage delivered. Rose did an outstanding job with our room. Each were very pleasant and personable, going out of their way to assist. Beyond all of these things the inn was beautifully decorated and located by the things we wanted to do. Cannot wait to go back! Thank you for making our time there special!

Room Tip: We enjoyed a Traditional King.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing us to be part of your anniversary celebration! I always enjoying hearing team members being mentioned by name, and I am so glad to have Jenny, Jordan and Rose as part of our team. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope your travels back to beautiful Virginia were pleasant!

US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay- the Inn is in the perfect location and very quiet inside. The service was very good and the staff was always so pleasant. We loved the extras nice continental breakfast, wine and cheese (4 choices of wine, very nice) reception, cookies and brandy in the evening, coffee and tea 24 hours, free bike use. It was very much a treat to stay in such a nice hotel. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I am thrilled to hear that your stay with us was such a treat and you enjoyed our staff and complimentary amenities! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the time you are greeted at the front door to check out the staff could not be more accommodating! And e location is perfect.....right in the center of everything. If you need to go any distance, the pedi-cabs are readily on call.

Room Tip: We had one of the few rooms with a balcony and even late June was enjoyable!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
It is wonderful to know that your stay was perfect in every way! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope your travels back to beautiful Virginia were pleasant!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everything about this Inn is positive - the staff, the service, the rooms, the location! Don't look any farther to make a choice. The complimentary wine and cheese each evening and the milk/port and cookies at night all added to the great experience. I would definitely return to the French Quarter Inn.
Thank you to all the staff, Scott, Mike, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I am thrilled that everything was positive with your stay! We are so lucky to have both Scott and Mike on our team. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope all is well back in lovely Toronto!

Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose the French Quarter Inn based on the reviews and rankings on Trip Advisor. What a wise decision! From the moment we checked in we were warmly welcomed and treated like honored guests. The location can't be beat, you really are in the heart of Charleston! Our suite was beautifully furnished, and amply sized. Our balcony overlooked the charming courtyard. The bed was very comfortable. We appreciated the turn down service every night, and enjoyed coming back to our room to find the soothing music playing on our bedside radio, and chocolates on the nightstand. The wine and cheese reception was wonderful! We had complimentary breakfast delivered to our room every morning, and found the pastries very delicious! The folks at the front desk were so helpful, finding us restaurants and tours, and directing us around town. We highly recommend this beautiful hotel for a romantic getaway in Charleston!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and each of our complimentary amenities! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. We hope your travels back to beautiful Louisiana were pleasant!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I checked in with high expectations being that the online reviews were so great, and we found everything to be perfect! I was reluctant to write this review because we want it to be our secrect place, but the secret is out! Thank you French Quarter for an amazing visit!

• Stayed June 2013
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I am so glad that you had a perfect stay and thank you for deciding to let the secret out! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!