“Wonderful spot” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Detroit, Michigan
“Wonderful spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was our second stay at The French Quarter Inn. It's a lovely boutique hotel, with wonderful amenities and very attentive staff. The location is central to all of Charleston. Although this is a fairly new hotel, it has an old world charm about it. Don't miss the cookies and milk that they serve each night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Annamaria101,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope y'all are doing well up in beautiful Michigan! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
West River MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Thank goodness for the internet because I dont know how I would have come across the French Quarter Inn in the past. Exceeded expectations and our family of four enjoyed our stay at the Hotel and Charleston imensely. The hotel is classy quiet, they just go about their business and treat you right and make you feel at home. The amenities are great, especially enjoyed the continental breakfast, like no other. The location couldnt have been better with it proximity to shops and restaurants and site seeing services.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear terryc227,

I hope you a well up in beautiful Maryland, and I am delighted the internet directed y'all our way! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just can't say enough about this wonderful hotel! We stayed here for 3 nights during Spring Break, with kids. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very attentive. Upon check-in we were greeted with champagne. At 5:30 there is cheese, wine, and light snacks. There is always coffee, tea, lemonade, and water available near the front desk. There are bikes to use and for goodness sakes - a pillow "menu" should you need something different than what is on the bed. The kids loved the milk and cookies in the evenings! The hotel is in a perfect location. It's super easy to walk and explore everything in the historic district. My kids called it a pretty swank hotel! We had a great visit and hope to return soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wyocowgirl94,

I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed your stay with us, and please tell your kids we love the "swank" description! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I were fortunate to stay at the French Quarter Inn on my first visit to Historic Charleston. I had read about the hotel's many awards and accolades prior to the visit there. The hotel lived up to its reputation. The location is perfect for visiting Charleston, within easy walking distance to the many great restaurants, shops and historic areas of Charelston. However, it is the hotel's customer service which sets this hotel apart from others. From the bellman parking the car, to Marvin at check-in, the attitude was of Southern charm and graciousness, befitting the charming look and feel of this hotel. Our room was quite nice and quiet, the breakfast delicious, with such nice other touches as fresh coffee waiting in the hall in the morning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Charleston - and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Bill P,

I hope all is well down in beautiful Tampa! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Marvin says "hello" too!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary staying 2 nights here. The staff was extremely friendly, courteus and helpful. Although our room was not ready when we arrived, our luggage was stored so we could go out for the afternoon. We loved the champaign service in the late afternoon, the wine & cheese early evening, and the warm, baked cookies with port each evening. There is always coffee,tea, iced tea and water available as well as M&M candies and jellybeans.The buffet breakfast was very good.The "front desk staff" made us feel at home, were welcoming. They are helpful in giving suggestions of places to go and giving directions. The hotel is very well located - we didn't take our car out until we left Charleston.We were pleased with how quiet it was - never heard noise outside of our room. The hotel is beautifully decorated, luxurious but comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Regina G,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate that y'all chose to celebrate with us for such a memorable occasion! Happy 50th anniversary, and I hope y'all are doing well in beautiful Savannah.

Liskeard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our first visit to Charleston was made that much more pleasurable by our stay at the French Quarter Inn. Perfect location, attentive staff, excellent room. Breakfast more than adequate, the early evening wine was enjoyable. Would recommend to anyone and look forward to a retun visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bobandlinda95,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I also hope y'all are doing well back in the beautiful UK!

We hope to see y'all again! Cheers!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have stayed in some memorable hotels, but the French Quarter Inn may be the most memorable. From the well-trained and courteous staff, to the spacious and tastefully decorated rooms, this hotel delivers an unforgettable experience. My family and I were especially impressed by the bountiful breakfast, the late afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres, and the evening port and freshly baked cookies, all served in the comfort of a well designed and elegant lobby, with adjoining terrace. That the hotel is centrally located in the heart of Charleston's historic district, just steps from the City Market and other sites, adds to its charm. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: We had a spacious queen junior suite with balcony. The views were wonderful.