On 12/22/12, my daughter and her husband were married in a small, private ceremony at the French Quarter Inn. Four of us stayed in two rooms (3rd floor - each with a terrace) for 5 nights. Both rooms were comfortable, clean, and quiet. We slept very soundly which is not usually the case for any of us when staying in hotels. The terraces provided a chance to relax in the sun with views of the Market Square and St. Phillip's steeple. EVERY person we encountered was friendly and very helpful. This high level of service started 5 months earlier when I contacted the FQI concerning our desire to have a destination wedding in Charleston. The Guest & Group Services Manager, Scott Martindale, returned my call and over the next few months, Scott helped me to coordinate the details of my daughter's wedding. He was a great help and when we arrived for our stay, I felt like I was greeting an old friend when Scott came out to our car to welcome us. Throughout our stay, Scott checked in with us and took care of details as they came up (in-room massages, rose petals in the room for the newlyweds, receipt of the cake and bouquet, setting up the reception cart that included champagne, and helping the groom with his tie). We had initially thought we would hold the wedding ceremony on one of our terraces, but decided to have it take place in front of the fountain on the patio outside of the lobby. Scott had some of the lobby greenery and poinsettias moved to the patio for the ceremony. It was beautiful and perfect for us. All of this 'extra' wedding service was in addition to the daily delicious breakfast that awaited us in the lobby each morning; the beverages available in the lobby throughout the day; the abundant wine and cheese spread each late afternoon; and the evening cookies and milk. Jenny at the front desk was helpful and fun with ideas for exploring the area and trying great restaurants. I hope to see these friends again when I return to Charleston for another stay at the French Quarter Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Four Diamond Inn's newly redesigned rooms are inspired by the old world elegance of a Parisian chateau set against the architectural backdrop of Charleston's classic French Quarter. Red medallion-patterned draperies and damask chenille upholstery in hues of black, white and gold create a rich distinction between the fabrics and furniture, of the highest quality.Among many other amenities, guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary items such as: champagne and lady fingers at check-in, an evening wine and cheese reception, freshly baked cookies and milk, evening turn down service and gourmet continental breakfast in the lobby or served to your room. The over-sized guest rooms, some with working fireplaces, private balconies, and whirlpool tubs, provide imagery of an era gone by, but still grants contemporary amenities a sophisticated traveler has come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your French Quarter Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel Charleston
- French Quarter Charleston
- French Quarter Inn Charleston Sc