“Top Notch...my new Charleston favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive Savings
Ranked #2 of 55 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“Top Notch...my new Charleston favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

As a frequent visitor to historic Charleston, I've stayed at several hotels. After checking availability at some of my other favorite places, I thought I'd try the French Quarter Inn. It is conveniently located to the market & all the shopping. I requested an early check-in and found the hotel very accommodating to comply...and had champagne ready upon arrival! The front desk staff were so generous in their referrals and offer to make any needed reservations. Our room was great- spacious, very clean and newly renovated. The bathroom was large and had some of the most plush towels I've ever wrapped myself in. The wine & cheese reception was a wonderful extra and held us over until we had dinner later that evening. Upon returning back to the hotel after dinner, there was a port wine reception and cookies & milk waiting! Not to mention when we returned to our room it had been prepared with turndown service & chocolates! A wonderful continental breakfast (their description) was prepared the next morning that was far greater than any I've ever experienced...mimosas, coffee, tea, juice, amazing croissants, muffins, quiche, fresh fruit, greek yogurt, cereals, etc. My only negative was the soft bed, as I like something very firm, but this was not enough of an issue to deter my decision to stay here again. There is no doubt in my mind that this has become my new Charleston favorite!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Canes_Fan_1,

I hope all is well in beautiful North Carolina! We thank you for such high praises about our establishment! Also, we are receiving our new mattress box springs any day now which is guaranteed to firm our bedding to make our guests' sleep much more restful.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was skeptical about the experience of this hotel adding up to the cost. The French Quarter Inn isn't the most outstanding/unique hotel from outward appearance, but don't be fooled. This was one of the top hotels I've stayed in and I highly recommend! Great service from beginning to end. The atmosphere was fantastic and the interior is decorated superbly. Details that made the experience the most memorable: wine and cheese & cookie and milk receptions nightly, very nice Continental breakfast each morning, turn down service nightly, very comfortable beds and too many other details to mention. The staff was extremely helpful and nice! We will surely stay in this hotel on our return trip to Charleston.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Jbjenkins78,

I am delighted to read that you noticed all the small details we work so hard to perfect! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have worked in many hotels and traveled in the U.S., Europe, and the Mideast and the French Quarter Inn is by far the BEST hotel in my opinion. As soon as you drive up the bellmen greet you warmly, Glori and Michelle at the front desk were very accommodating and friendly. Scott the Guest Service Manager was a delight to talk with as he checked in with my mom and myself throughout our stay. Raya at the breakfast was gracious making sure that we had all that we needed. Unfortunately I did not get everyone's name but everyone I came in contact with was friendly always checked to see if there was anything we needed. The complimentary breakfast, champagne at check in, wine and cheese, cookies, & turndown service were the icing on the cake! Will be back soon.

Room Tip: Room 106 with 2 queen beds was large and comfortable. Facing the City Market the view was great. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kristaeaw,

Wow! I am delighted to read your high praises about our Inn, and your comments are greatly valued by all of us, especially being that you are a well-traveled guest! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope you travels back to Maryland were pleasant!

Rising Sun, MD.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for two days. Everything was excellent! This hotel is located in a great area, and the staff was wonderful! We were extremely impressed with how clean they keep everything in the hotel. We loved everything that this hotel has to offer!!!! I don't think you can go wrong with this hotel. I cannot wait to go back to Charleston since this was our first visit there, and I cannot wait to stay at the French Quarter Inn again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear gmm1974,

I hope your travels back to Maryland were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Great rooms and great services. The staff and management were wonderful. The hotel is located down town Charleston, SC and is within walking distant to the historic market and shops. My wife and I will stay there again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bill C,

I am delighted to read your amazing praises about our Inn, and I thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable experience! We look forward to welcoming you and your bride back again!

Naperville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Location and hotel great, evening wine reception a lovely touch and the nightly cookies were a big hit with the kids. We even had a bottle of champagne to greet us in our room on arrival to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear JoanneNaperville,

I am glad y'all enjoyed your stay, and I cannot help but laugh when I read about the cookies...children always seem to love them! Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn.

Easton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I had planned an extended weekend in Charleston, which was extended even further due to Hurricane Sandy and our inability to get back to our house in CT. Upon checking in, we were greeted by Jenny, who could not have been any more accommodating, kind, and gracious. We had spent the prior two nights at Charleston Place and you could immediately tell the difference in service, with the staff of French Quarter Inn being much more welcoming. The amenities and location were not only on par with Charleston Place, but better.
That being said, the reason we would make French Quarter Inn our hotel of choice the next time we stay in Charleston would be because of the service. After receiving reports from our neighbors that we were still without power and water in CT, we extended our stay an additional two days at the time we were supposed to be checking out. Jenny was incredibly gracious and made sure we were able to stay in the same room we had been in the couple of nights prior. Also, at a time when it was evident we had to extend our stay, the rate that Jenny was able to provide us was incredibly generous. At a time when we could have been taken advantage of Jenny made certain we were taken care of instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Chris D,

I hope your travels back to Connecticut were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Jenny says hello too!

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!