“Excellent stay here over thanksgiving weekend.” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive Savings
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Naperville
“Excellent stay here over thanksgiving weekend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Location and hotel great, evening wine reception a lovely touch and the nightly cookies were a big hit with the kids. We even had a bottle of champagne to greet us in our room on arrival to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear JoanneNaperville,

I am glad y'all enjoyed your stay, and I cannot help but laugh when I read about the cookies...children always seem to love them! Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family!

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Easton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I had planned an extended weekend in Charleston, which was extended even further due to Hurricane Sandy and our inability to get back to our house in CT. Upon checking in, we were greeted by Jenny, who could not have been any more accommodating, kind, and gracious. We had spent the prior two nights at Charleston Place and you could immediately tell the difference in service, with the staff of French Quarter Inn being much more welcoming. The amenities and location were not only on par with Charleston Place, but better.
That being said, the reason we would make French Quarter Inn our hotel of choice the next time we stay in Charleston would be because of the service. After receiving reports from our neighbors that we were still without power and water in CT, we extended our stay an additional two days at the time we were supposed to be checking out. Jenny was incredibly gracious and made sure we were able to stay in the same room we had been in the couple of nights prior. Also, at a time when it was evident we had to extend our stay, the rate that Jenny was able to provide us was incredibly generous. At a time when we could have been taken advantage of Jenny made certain we were taken care of instead.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Chris D,

I hope your travels back to Connecticut were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Jenny says hello too!

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the French Quarter Inn for two nights in late October when our travel plans changed and we had to pick up our cruise in Charleston instead of NYC. The front desk staff were very friendly and check-in was quick and easy (the glasses of sparking wine didn't hurt!). The hotel is nicely located in downtown Charleston - near one of the best restaurant areas and also the cruise ship area. Perfect for our needs.

Our room was clean and comfortable. One suggestion I would offer to the hotel, though, is to make better use of the spacious bathroom - you could do something quite exceptional in that space. We took advantage of the continental breakfast each morning, the M&Ms and Jelly Bellies during the day and the cookies and milk in the evening. Quite lovely amenities! The hotel was quiet, with the exception of the very loud garbage pick-up at 7a.m. each morning (not within the hotel's control).

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear lepa,

I hope your travels back to beautiful Canada were pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Both myself and the owners agree with your thoughts regarding the bathrooms, and I am glad to say we just completed our first phase of bathrooms renovations (visit our Facebook page for pictures of them); I know y'all would just absolutely love them! My sincerest apologies regarding the trash trucks by the city as this is an issue every downtown hotel is battling with the Charleston...I do believe we are making some progress though.

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We recently returned from a stay at FQI. As most everyone has mentioned, the staff at the hotel are true hospitality professionals. You don't get the sense that's there's only about 50 rooms because there seems to be that many folks working. The service and amenities shine. During the afternoon, you could sip on...wait on it...9 complimentary beverages (not including the welcome flute of bubbles).They served regular & decaf coffee, 12 varieties of very good tea. Here it's worth noting that all of this is served on china, glass & silver, including lemons and mini jars of honey. Also available was peach tea, lemonade, detox orange water (?), egg nog, apple cider, and hot chocolate with all the trimmings including candy canes, cinnamon, and nutmeg. The wine & cheese was also all served on CG&S. The cookies in the evening were warm and the milk was cold. We didn't see the breakfast spread as we had it delivered at the appointed time by a lovely server on a tray filled with a vast assortment you customize the night before on a menu left on your bed. Speaking of the bed, it was the highlight of our junior suite. Very comfy. The room itself was large with a fireplace and HUGE terrace which included seating for 8 and could easily accommodate 20 visitors (not that we know 20 Charleston folks). The room was showing some signs of high occupancy wear & tear- especially the walls and corners. The bathroom was also large and included nice bath amenities. My only real complaint considering the price point and 4 diamond rating were the towels. While the bedding linens were top notch, the towels were run-of-the-mill and graying. I would have loved bath sheets and plusher, whiter terry. That may be splitting hairs but for $300/night, your expectations run high. The FQI met those expectations and the staff shined throughout our stay. There are plenty of opportunities to tip for excellent service and you should ensure you have plenty of cash to properly extend your appreciation for the true southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Book a suite with the terrace if you have nice weather or plan on entertaining friends.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear GLBTtraveler,

I hope all is well back in beautiful Maryland! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words and detailed review about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers; your review was one of the best, and most thorough I have read in some time. In regards to the inn, we stay 100% committed to continually enhancing our amenities and facilities; in fact, I trust that you would be highly pleased with some of the inn’s upcoming highlights including new and very plush bath linen.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

WHAT A TREAT TO STAY HERE! My mother and I took a trip to Charleston this year and after reading numerous reviews about this place, decided to stay! I am so thankful we did! Starting with a wonderful greeting from Jordan, the awesome valet/bellman, to Michelle and Glori at the front desk. I would also like to thank Scott. This entire staff was just unbelievable really. Always friendly, always willing to answer questions, always a pleasant greeting! Every member of the French Quarter Inn team was truly first class. The staff alone is enough to make your stay extraordinary...however, all the hotel amenities are FANTASTIC! The wine and cheese hour (AND A HALF!), the milk and cookies hour (AND A HALF!), and the pillow menu...I mean, really?? We were there around the holidays, so they also had fresh coffee, lemonade, tea, eggnog, hot cocoa, and hot apple cider in the lobby...with all the fixins'!!! The rooms were spacious and housecleaning did a wonderful job each day..and night(not to forget the nightly turn down service with fresh chocolates!!!!!!!)!

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone! This is the place to stay in Charleston...did I mention that it is also in a great location for walking almost everywhere in the historic downtown area!!! I will be back, that's for sure!

Room Tip: We stayed in 107...awesome...2 steps from all the "goodies" and front desk. Easy balcony...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Jenn S,

Wow! I am honored to read your high praises about our Inn, and the entire team was so appreciative and happy when they read your review! I hope all is well back in beautiful Fort Lauderdale!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place has thought of everything you might need or want in accommodations. Our party of three couples stayed two nights while we visited the sights of Charleston in late November. Every staff member was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed champagne at check-in, wine and cheese in the afternoons, and warm cookies and port at 8:30. What a nice touch to have coffee and tea stations in the hallway to enjoy while you are getting ready in the mornings plus a paper at your door. And the complimentary breakfast was substantial compared to many other hotels and B&Bs we've visited.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Judy O,

I hope all is well down in beautiful Jacksonville! I am delighted to read your high praises about us. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This was my third stay at the French Quarter Inn. And it only gets better with time. We were greeted by name from the friendly front desk staff- even after six months they remembered us! The few changes they have made since we were there last only made things better- the Greek yogurt and the quiches for breakfast were fabulous. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Drob504,

I am delighted to read that y'all enjoyed the new changes, and we will have many more this year! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!