“Charming hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego
“Charming hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here in October. It is very central so you don't need a car to get around and see all the sights. Very pleasant room (I think it must have been one of the smaller ones as we did not have a balcony or sitting area), spacious bathroom and we particularly enjoyed the daily coffee/refreshments/, wine and cheese in the evening and of course, all those M&M's!

While there obviously is no pool or spacious outdoor areas, there is a pretty little patio for an al-fresco experience.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Jennyx,

Yes ma'am, October is an amazing time of the year in the Lowcountry! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I hope all is well back in beautiful San Diego!

Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family. Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements.

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been to this hotel several times over the years, and I was "blown away" this time as the staff and all the little extras made us feel like royalty. Every single person working there was smiling and calling us by NAME (amazing how they remember). The breakfast was amazing (way better than my previous visits) and included within the rate. Our room had a view of Charleston that was worth the price itself. I must admit the bathrooms could use some upgrading now, but after chatting with the very polite Hotel Manager, it sounds like those are being upgraded very soon and they already sound world-class. Simply put, this hotel keeps getting better!! I cannot wait for next fall!

Room Tip: 301 was our room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kristina S,

I hope the beautiful Boulder is treating you well! I visited Boulder for the first time last year and found it to be an amazing town--one of my all-time favorites. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We chose this hotel from trip advisor list of recommended places to stay. What a winner. We thought we were going to be there for 2 nights, but ended up staying 4. The entire staff made us feel as though we were at home....our room was a delight ...again just like home. The service was perfection. We hated to leave and I know that we will return.....we recommend this hotel and grade it a 10.

Room Tip: Every room is different. There are only 50 rooms. We had a room with a king size bed. Some rooms hav...
Dear Susan K,

I thank you for the 10 score! Your high praises are much appreciated by our entire team, and on behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

my husband and i spent 4 nites here for our 7th anniversary celebration.
what a treat from AM to PM -- our room was beautiful, the service was impeccable, the food was delicious, and the hospitality unbeatable.

Room Tip: check out sniqueaway.com for deals.
Dear vegetarian-girl,

I hope all is well back in beautiful Austin! I was just there for a vacation and it keeps getting better--truly one of the best cities in the US. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked the French Quarter Inn based on the great Tripadvisor reviews and they were all 100% accurate. The location in Charleston is unbeatable, you're within walking distance of anything you want to do downtown. The staff was the best I've ever encountered in my travels, every person that I encountered on the staff was cheerful, upbeat and seemed to love their job and their hotel.

We were flying to North Carolina as Sandy was coming in and decided to book a room in Charleston for the first night to be further south. We were so charmed by our experience at the French Quarter Inn that we booked rooms for later in the week as a road trip for ourselves and our guests that were joining us.

My tip for the hotel would be to book rooms 301 or 320, which have terraces nearly as large as the room (we stayed in both of them between our visits). Oh, and the bathrooms are among the largest that I've ever seen in a boutique hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Drew Z,

I hope all is well back in beautiful Louisiana! My team was delighted by your high praises as we do pride ourselves on flawless service. On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The French Quarter Inn is the perfect place to stay. The location is great and walking is easy to sights, restaurants and the Market... The staff is excellent ..outstanding attentive service! If you should need a cab, be sure to ask at the desk for the car service they use. Reasonable, dependable and first class. The breakfast, while continental style, was in a class of its own. Cheese and wine reception at 5 and cookies and milk in the evening were both lovely touches. Tristan is the award dinner restaurant in the hotel and was very good. Check it out! Be sure to take advantage of the pillow menu..We were there for four nights and were sorry when it was time to leave... Would return on another trip to Charleston. Please note, I gave one less star to value only because of the weekend rate.. weekday rate definitely falls into top value. With that said, stay there anytime...well worth it...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sharon W,

I thank you for your high praises! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. Also, I love the pillow menu too!

tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just spent 3 nights at the French Quarter Inn and I just cant say enough about this wonderful hotel. Upon arrival we were upgraded to Executive King with Balcony, huge room done very nice. This hotel is literally right in the middle of it all, we only got our car from valet once and that was to visit Isle of Palm. Its the little perks that make this hotel, the champagne at arrival, the snacks and drinks all day long, the wonderful wine at cheese at 5pm and then the milk and cookies at night. The front desk was so helpful with suggesting and making dinner reservations for us every night. Even the valet were just very nice guys. Dont miss out on the bicycles that you can take out free of charge, we loved taking them out to Battery Park. Restaurants we visited were Hanks, Fleet Landing and Hymans. Hotel just sparkled it is so clean, which is very important to me.

Dear UTvols,

I am delighted to read your review of us, and I hope all is well back in Tennessee! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.