“French Quarter Inn Charleston” 4 of 5 stars

Break-Away Dates
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Johnson City, Tennessee
“French Quarter Inn Charleston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Relatively clean, friendly staff, quiet, and a great location...plus the pillow menu is a unique idea. However, I don't see how this can be one of the top ten hotels in the US. There were dirty sheets left on the sleeper sofa, the hair dryer didn't work, and one of the comforters had brown stains. I would stay here again because it was quite and convenient to everything downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear AHS61,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and I also thank you for commenting on the service failures during your stay. We stay 100% committed to being perfect in all aspects and the team here is eager to serve as they are truly perfecting their skill each and every day.

Remember to “Like” us on Facebook to stay connected with exclusive offerings and current French Quarter Inn enhancements. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

French Quarter Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The rooms were nice.. The robes were comfy... Breakfast in room every morning...wonderful.!!, friendly and attentive staff. Valet was great with directions. Staff was almost too attentive. We got a few more knocks at the door than requested... overall Great place

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cassaundra G,

I love our breakfast too! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for commenting on the mishap of your guestroom having too many knocks that day; I apologize and assure you that our team goes into "Silent Professional" mode when on guest floors.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had an exceptional 2 night stay at this beautifully appointed, well located hotel. Spacious rooms with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. They greet their guests with chilled champagne, serve a lovely breakfast until 1030 am, host an afternoon wine and cheese reception, provide milk and warm cookies in the evening, offer beverages, jelly beans and m&m's all day long. Evening turn down service included a helpful note advising of the next day's weather forecast. Favorite feature - bikes are available for exploring this beautiful city. I can't wait to visit and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
FQIGM, General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Jerseygirl1915,

I love the bikes too as there is not better way to see the city! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights here after taking our son to USC. The high praise from the other reviews is absolutely correct. The hotel is gorgeous, great central location, and the staff is extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. Our room was a decent size, but we also had a huge private terrace with table and chairs. The bathroom was very large, with plenty of fluffy towels. Everything was very, very clean. We will definitely be staying here whenever we come to Charleston, and will also highly recommend the hotel to anyone who asks. Cannot wait to return in October!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LMVCatonsville,

I love reading your comments about our Inn! We look forward to seeing y'all soon too. I hope all is well in Maryland, and tell your son I said Go Gamecocks!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Great location, wonderful staff, excellent in every way. We will definetly be back soon. The pillow menu is a huge plus as well as the wine and cheese in the afternoon. The rooms are nice and te bed was very comfortable. We had a nice view. A really nice find!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Gatormagee,

On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers. I do agree that the Pillow Menu is a great amenity here at the Inn--I am glad y'all enjoyed it!

East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

From the morning free breakfast with champagne,to afternoon wine and cheese, to evening cookies and milk,to fresh nighttime chocolates, to a selection of specialty pillows this hotel is different. Though the property is smack in the middle of the historic market district it feels a world apart. The service is impecable and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable.

The experience would have been better however if the matresses were equal to a Sheraton or W Hotel. An upgrade to better quality would make this place perfect.

With only fifty rooms the hotel never seems crowded even though it was sold out when we were there.

Get a room with a fireplace and jetted tub and it's even better as the romance factor goes up.

The restaurant Tristan adjoins the hotel and it provides excellent gourmet dining.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LaneB45,

I hope all is well back in Michigan! Thank you for such the kind words about our property. We are soon upgrading our beds, so I hope you will enjoy the next time y'all stay with us!

Danville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Cant say enough about both the service and our Beautiful, clean room with wonderfully comfortable beds. We arrived late and staff was so accommodating, answering my emails even helping me order a pizza at 130am. Loved the cool drinks in the lobby and great location in beautiful historic Charleston.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lanesend16,

I am delighted to read your kind words about our inn, and I hope your travels to California were uneventful and pleasant! On behalf of the entire French Quarter Inn team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming inn, and we also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our renowned services to other travelers.

French Quarter Inn

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!