“Perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kingston, Canada
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We spent 1 night at the French Quarter Inn at the end of a 2 week trip. After arriving we wished we had booked it for a couple of more days. Everything was perfect. We were travelling with 2 pre-teen girls. From the wine and cheese, the bubbly, cookies and milk in the evening, chocolates on our pillows, french pastries for breakfast and coffee, tea, ice tea and lemonade available ALL day. Plus the kids loved the unlimited Jelly Belly's and M&M's. The lobby is beautiful and a great place to relax and meet other guests. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was the largest I had ever seen at a hotel and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were welcoming, friendly and information. The location is perfect. Right next to the North/South Street Market and right in the middle of the historic district. Walking distance to everything. Charleston did not disappoint either. Another trip back is already in the works and we will be staying at the French Quarter Inn again!!

Room Tip: The room was spacious and clean.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FQIAGM, Assistant General Manager at French Quarter Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
We are delighted that you stay was so wonderful that you are already planning your return, this time staying a little longer with us. We take great pride in offering all of the little extras for all ages to enjoy and we are glad that everything was a hit with your family. Thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to booking your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I thought I would have nothing else to say given that this hotel has been ranked within the top two spots in Charleston for the past few months, but I am compelled to write as I still managed to get positively surprised during my stay there.

The one thing I was afraid of is that that dark carpet and period furniture would translate into plain "old". How wrong I was! all furnishings and appliances are brand new, and the paint was fresh. The turndown service was perfect, and the chocolate cookies they left in bed at night so yummy! Everything was so clean that though I tried hard I could not find the slightest sign of mould in the bathroom curtains. As a matter of fact the bathroom was pristine and again even tiles were new.

Though the hotel is listed at Church street, the entrance is actually at Linguard street, a back alley with covers only one block. That's maybe why despite being on the midst of things you could enjoy a perfect silent night, no single noise from the neighborhood or the hotel itself.

I had the simplest "traditional" room, and was really surprised at how big it was. The bathroom was also quite roomy. Adding to the comfort, the bed and pillows were REALLY great and the towels the fluffiest I have ever found in any hotel. Even the bathroom floor mat was that plush, I just wonder how they wash those things.

To cap all this you have the great hospitality and the many food and drink extras that start with champagne on arrival. I couldn't enjoy much as Charleston has such great restaurants that left no extra room for food when I was back at the hotel. Breakfast had no cooked options but was plentiful and tasty. The hotel's own restaurant (Tristan) is quite good, but opens only for dinners and sunday brunch (which was lovely).

My only complaint is that with all food action going on at the hotel the minibar was on but not stocked. I don't miss the food or booze but a bottle of water would help the guest that gets set up to sleep and realizes he/she has to go down the corridor for a glass of cool water. Given Charleston's sticky summer heat, tap water without ice is just suitable for tea!

I absolutely loved this hotel and Charleston. On top of all good things on its own, the hotel is superbly located, within at most 3 blocks of the best restaurants in town and the restored riverfront. I hope to be back soon and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the short corridor are more private and hence very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Your detailed review is greatly appreciated. Our diligence and dedication to perfection resulted in exactly what we hope for, a comfortable room that is meticulously clean and simply but elegantly decorated, with plush liens and towels for comfort. Our great location is convenient to the entire city, yet quiet and peaceful for a great nights rest. Stocking the mini-refrigerators in the room has never been something we have considered, but we greatly appreciate the suggestion and we will look into the possibility. Thank you very much for your review. We hope to welcome you again for your next trip to Charleston.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Not much to add to the raves that have already been posted here. Our room was very comfortable, and we loved all the extras like the champagne at checkin, wine & cheese hour, and chocolates on the bed at turndown service. I also enjoyed the pillow menu -- I got one of the full-body pillows, which was awesome.

The only flaw in our stay was that the valet returned our car with some scratches on the passenger side door that weren't there before (as if they had hit it with another car door when entering/exiting the second vehicle).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to add your compliments about the French Quarter Inn. We are delighted that you enjoyed our amenities, especially our body pillows. Our apologies about your vehicle, we do wish that you had spoken with a member of the management team before your departure to rectify the situation. We hope to welcome you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed at the end of our honeymoon - service was excellent - champagne in our room congratulating us! Perfect location in the heart of the historic district - easy access to shopping and restaurants. Loved the pillow service! Got a fantastic deal on priceline!

• Stayed August 2011
Congratulations on your nuptials and thank you for spending your honeymoon with us. We are delighted to have been a part of your celebration. We hope to welcome you again to celebrate many more years of marriage.
Valley Village CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family and I stayed at the terrace room with fireplace. Very clean hotel, excellent staff and quality. I like the fact that they serve breakfast in your room. They have drinks and milk cookies in the evening. This was a 5 star boutique hotel. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Your family had the pleasure to stay in one of our Junior Suites with Terrace, a very popular room that overlooks market and has the fireplace in the bedroom and a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. We are glad your family enjoyed your stay with us and we greatly appreciate your lovely comments. We look forward to your next trip to Charleston.
Pleasant Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed at The French Quarter Inn for 6 nights in August. Our daughter is attending Charleston Southern University so we wanted to spend sometime with her and also see more of Charleston than we had done in our previous short visits. We had originally reserved a king size room, but we were celebrating a special birthday for my wife so I secretly upgraded to a junior suite with a balcony that overlooked the market. I can tell you that my wife loved that room. It was huge, beautifully decorated, with enough room for my wife, myself and our teenage daughter. We never felt on top of each other during our 6 night stay. Being out on the balcony in the early morning or late evening was a brillant way to either start or end the day.
The hallway had tea and coffee available all day. I am a tea drinker and the selection was great. Breakfast was more than continental, with a variety of choices. Wine and cheese was served from 5-6.30pm and milk and cookies was served later in the evening.
The staff are fantastic. Very welcoming and knowledgeable.
We did have to pay for parking, which I guess is a sign of the times. It would have been great if it was complimentary.
I would recommend The French Quarter Inn to anyone who wants to go back to a time when service and comfort were premium. We all loved our stay there and will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. Your gracious compliments and excellent details are greatly appreciated. Our Junior Suites are such great rooms they offer great space and the ones will balconies help bring the outside in. We are delighted that your wife enjoyed her birthday celebration and that we could assist you with the surprise. Parking in Charleston is unfortunately costly, but we do offer the valet service at a lower cost than most parking garages in the area for our guests’ convenience. We look forward to your return visit.
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

My entire review of this hotel can be summed up in one word - phenomenal!!!

I looked into this hotel after tripadvisor ranked it as one of the best 25 hotels in the world. I went with my husband and another couple. We had a fabulous time. The staff is helpful, will make reservations for you, etc. The breakfast, evening wine and cheese reception, snacks, and milk and cookies at night were fantastic. Everything is help yourself so you can pick and choose what you want and when you want. The hotel is located in the heart of the historic district, safe location and within walking distance to most historic sites and restaurants. Definitely go to this hotel if you are going to Charleston.

Room Tip: The hotel is small with only a few floors. We stayed on the lobby floor at the end of the hall in a...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
We are ecstatic that your stay was phenomenal. We couldn’t ask for a better review. Thank you for choosing us for your stay to Charleston and for your lovely review. We hope to welcome you again and again when you visit Charleston.

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!