“Convenience and Breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
phoenix, United States
“Convenience and Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The location is prime...walking distance to everything. The breakfast is amazing. The staff is friendly. Although the rooms could use a little updating, it's not a big deal. The lobby area is bright and clean. Beds and Pillows very comfy. Lot's of nice towels provided.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I have to say I was surprised at how nice it was. I will say this, it is expensive for a Hampton Inn, but reasonable for the quality of this hotel and its location. The staff at this hotel is very friendly and helpful. I arrived at the hotel at 11:00 am, and asked if I could check in. The lady at the front desk said that there were no rooms available yet, but she would call me as soon as one was. She took down my number, but I did not really count a a phone call. I parked the car in the garage next door and decided I would just wait in the lobby. Well, as I was walking down the stars of the garage, my cell phone rang. It was the nice lady from the front desk letting me know my room was ready. WOW!
Overall the hotel is VERY clean, and the rooms are fairly modern. I know some people on here think it is crazy to pay what this hotel often charges, but please keep in mind this is a prime location, and you pay for that. It is no different than a Hampton Inn in Savannah, or New York City. However, if you don't want to pay historic district prices, there are tons of other options away from this area.

Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for exploring the historic charleston area. You are located right at the heart on king street and its a short walk to all the historic sights. There is an outdoor pool and you can enjoy your breakfast in the garden. Parking is in the adjacent garage for $14 per day. Staff was very fiendly.

• Stayed July 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed for almost a week in June. It was far from cheap, but we needed to be in the historic district, so we realized that anything there would be at least in that price range. We were very happy that at least we got our money's worth. The staff was terrificly helpful and friendly. The room was lovely - roomy and beautifully clean.
I have back problems so I'm always worried about the mattresses and pillows, as my experience is that there is not necessarily a correlation between the quality of the beds and the number of stars that a hotel has. I was therefore very relieved that the mattress and the pillows were perhaps even more comfortable than mine at home!
Since we eat only strictly kosher, we couldn't judge the food, but coffee and tea were available throughout the day, as was fresh fruit most of the time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in the Hampton Inn Historic District for a long weekend in March. Unfortunately, it was a weekend partially interrupted by heavy rain. I would never have guessed how bad the city could flood had I not seen it. I feel for them when the next hurricane passes through. The hotel has paid parking next door and the rooms and amenities are standard Hampton Inn quality-very consistent, which is why I like the chain. Location is fine, you can walk or take the trolley to main points of interest. We also visited the Hunley, some plantations and the Folly Island area, so a car is necessary for those. This was my first tourist visit to Charleston and was as expected based on guidebooks and friends' recommendations. One thing to mention, if you think you'll like Charleston, look into Savannah as an alternate destination-there are a lot of similarities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Soperton, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Weekend trip to Charleston. Hampton was nice and clean rooms. Complimentary breakfast was a plus. We walked down to the Market area but it was a little further walk than we anticipated. would definitely stay here again. staff was friendly and the taxi service that was recommended was also vey pleasant.

Leesburg, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very Nice great location, a little walk to the waterfront but that is ok as long as you don't mind a little walk, not very far. Actually the distance from the downtown made for a quieter stay. Right across the street from the trolley stop so that is helpful, get a trolley schedule though.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District? Share your experiences!