“Good Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 54 hotels in Charleston
Florida
“Good Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in the Hampton Inn Historic District for a long weekend in March. Unfortunately, it was a weekend partially interrupted by heavy rain. I would never have guessed how bad the city could flood had I not seen it. I feel for them when the next hurricane passes through. The hotel has paid parking next door and the rooms and amenities are standard Hampton Inn quality-very consistent, which is why I like the chain. Location is fine, you can walk or take the trolley to main points of interest. We also visited the Hunley, some plantations and the Folly Island area, so a car is necessary for those. This was my first tourist visit to Charleston and was as expected based on guidebooks and friends' recommendations. One thing to mention, if you think you'll like Charleston, look into Savannah as an alternate destination-there are a lot of similarities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

789 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Soperton, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Weekend trip to Charleston. Hampton was nice and clean rooms. Complimentary breakfast was a plus. We walked down to the Market area but it was a little further walk than we anticipated. would definitely stay here again. staff was friendly and the taxi service that was recommended was also vey pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very Nice great location, a little walk to the waterfront but that is ok as long as you don't mind a little walk, not very far. Actually the distance from the downtown made for a quieter stay. Right across the street from the trolley stop so that is helpful, get a trolley schedule though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff is incredibly helpful. Location is also good. We walked to the market, as well as the Battery, and good shopping and restaurants are nearby. I was there for a girls' weekend, but easily envision staying there with my husband and children the next time I go to Charleston.

Room Tip: Some of the first floor rooms open to the courtyard where the pool is located. This was a very nice...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I just came back from a weekend trip to Charleston and couldn't have been happier with the Hampton Inn. Everyone there was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms we had were clean and comfortable. We were even lucky enough to have rooms on the first floor that opened out to the courtyard. The Hampton Inn provided a compliemntary breakfast every morning that catered to just about every taste out there. I will definitely go back again and make the Hampton Inn my home base for my future trips to Charleston. The only drawback was the rude man who was watering the flowers at the hotel who called me an idiot for not turning into the hotel as fast as he wanted. When his behavior or lack of good behavior was pointed out to the management they immediately rectified the situation. The Hampton Inn is a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagement345, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are delighted that you had a fantastic time with us despite the comments made by the person watering the plants. I want to make sure that you know, that this person is not a Team Member of ours and his actions were dealt with as you noted, but also a call was made to his employer. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon. Thanks for your business and kind words.

Kevin Eichman
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Spent one night at the Hampton Inn - Historic District and was not terribly impressed. The first room had a distinct odor, either mold or some chemical cleaning agent. Both my wife and I began to feel the effects after a few minutes in the room. After first being informed there were no other rooms available, the Manager on duty came up with a room, which was satisfactory. We appreciated the effort to relocate us. The hotel seemed a little tired, in need of an upgrade. The staff were quite helpful. It was also expensive at $200 per night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I am a Hilton's Diamond member so I'm in hotels weekly for business. I would say that the location is great however that was the only great thing. I do not eat breakfast so I can not comment on that, however I was very disappointed that there was no refrigerator in the room. I keep water and drinks typically and I really missed it! I also experienced the jack hammer which I know you have no control over that. I also read about the shuttle across the street which no one mentioned at check in, in fact the barely told me where the elevators were, they were busy talking to a friend on the other side of the desk. Not ever very helpful or friendly except the door man, he was always pleasant and smiling!! I wear socks in hotel rooms and by the end of my stay they were nasty!! Concerns about the cleanliness of the place!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District? Share your experiences!