Stayed here for two nights. Arrived in the evening and walked over to kings street for dinner which is a block away. In the morning walked down to the peninsula for a walking tour of downtown. It is about a 10 minute walk, but if you prefer,you can take the free trolley right across the street from the hotel.
Hotel provides a nice free breakfast buffet in the lobby including hot and cold food-- make your own waffle, hot cereal, yogurt, fruit, egg dish, etc. great way to start the day.
The room is a basic hotel room and bathroom. No room safe. No fan vent in the bathroom. Both those things were not a big deal for us, but I was a bit surprised since I thought those kind of things are usually standard at chain hotels.
Good location and facility to visit downtown Charleston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Charleston Hampton Inn