From the outside this property looks quite distinctive; inside it's a very nice Hampton. It's large and well-maintained, with typical Hampton furnishings. It has a large lobby and breakfast area, a breakfast offering that is above-average and good wi-fi service. The staff is friendly and helpful. When we arrived after midnight the first day we were given a room which, for us, was too close to the lobby; there was no problem at all in moving to a higher floor the next morning (where it was quiet and sunny). The location is good, although it's not in the central part of the historic district. Rather, it's at the north end of the "Museum Mile," across John Street from the Charleston Visitor Center in one direction, across Meeting Street from the Joseph Manigault House in the other and diagonally across from the Charleston Museum. All three of the free trolleys stop just out the door across John Street (next to the Visitor Center). Marion Square is a block to the south and King Street (shopping and restaurants) a block to the west. Walking the "mile" down Meeting Street (south) takes you into the heart of the historic district and past some great restaurants (Jestine's Kitchen; Hyman's; FIG; Toast); we usually walked both down and back but if we didn't feel like walking we could catch a trolley. We were very pleased with our stay (5 nights) and would recommend this Hampton without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Charleston Hampton Inn