“Very satisfied.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Cherry Hill, NJ USA
“Very satisfied.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel. Perfect location if you are visiting the College of Charleston. Easy walking distance to many great restaurants and attractions. Rooms were spacious and clean. Extra pillows and blankets were no problem. Large lobby provided plenty of space for complimentary breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Walt Disney World, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our stay at Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District was short and comfortable.
Our room was clean big enough for 2 with two double beds.
The hotel is walking distance from the city life .
We enjoyed their swimming pool and the complimentary breakfast.
Parking is a bit expensive but necessary.
The staff is helpfull and they helped us with a little problem we had while we were there.
Wi-Fi worked fine in our room,I think we will stay there again in future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was such a nice Hampton Inn. Very clean rooms. We had a small issue in the bathroom with our toilet but there work crew was on it within ten minutes and the problem was resolved quickly. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions to places. The continental breakfast had many choices. More than most hotels. It was very tasty and more healthy choices to choose from. It was near all the downtown attractions. Overall we throughly enjoyed our stay at this Hampton Inn.

Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our stay was for 3 nights, 10th, 11th, 12th Oct. Nice hotel, clean, quiet room, comfortable beds, friendly staff, at a competitive price. Right opposite the Visitor centre, where most of the tours leave from, as well as the free "trolleys".Good breakfast . Good restaurants within walking distance and downtown is walkable (about 30 minutes) and interesting on the way. It's another Hampton.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here on our recent trip to Charleston and it was just what we needed. It's downtown and right by the Visitor's Center and walking distance to a lot of the restaurants and attractions/sites. We've stayed a lot of Hampton Inns and have always liked them (especially the beds!), so we decided to stay here. It's fairly priced for a downtown hotel. If you like Hampton Inn and are looking for a convenient location to stay in downtown Charleston, this will do the trick!

Room Tip: Our room was on the opposite side from the Visitor's Center and had a very nice view.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I just stayed here with a large "picky" group. For the price, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The beds are super comfy and the room decor fits right in with historic Charleston. The location is walking distance to everything historic. The Visitor's Center is right across the street. There are SEVERAL restaurants within a 1 block walk. Breakfast is a step above the normal continental with the addition of sausage and scrambled eggs. There is always a fresh pot of coffee PLUS hot chocolate and hot tea available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. It has all the usual Hilton property perks, like free breakfast, morning newspaper etc. Great location, and easy walking distance to many excellent restaurants and attractions in the historic section of Charleston. $14/day to park. The staff was friendly whenever I had to interact with them. The fitness center was nice as well.

Upon entering my room, there was hair on the floor of the bathroom that wasn't mine. Bad news. Also, there was a sticky note on my bed letting me know that my sheets were clean. Oh snap! Clean sheets! In fact, I was contantly reminded by the giant ads in the elevators and in my room that my sheets and duvet were clean for my arrival. It just seemed like kind of an odd ad campaign to me. I consider clean sheets to be a standard offering, instead of a feature.

I couldn't seem to control the thermostat in my room; there was nothing on the display and the buttons didn't do anything. It was pretty cold in there.

My only other complaint is about the wi-fi. I think it was slower than the 3G on my phone, and kept timing out.

Aside from the bad wi-fi and thermostat issues, I don't really have much bad to say about the place, but it was just overall kind of "meh" compared to the other Hilton property next door, which I have also stayed at. I would give this place 3.5 stars if I could.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District? Share your experiences!