I stayed here for a weekend. I arrived early, so they held my suitcase while I went to explore Charleston. it is easy to do from this location, as it is right across from the Charleston Visitor's Center where you can catch the free trolleys or go on tour buses with companies like Grayline.
Across Meeting Street from the hotel is the historic Joseph Manigault house. Also within very close walking distance to the hotel is the Charleston Museum, Marion Square, and many other sites.
Once I was done with my touring and returned to the hotel I went to my room to relax a while before going back out. I agree with a previous reviewer about the lumpy comforters, they were strange. There are actual purposely put lumps on top of it, so if you lay on top the comforter it is not comfortable. It's like you are laying on a cobblestone street or something. The room was your average size hotel room, nicely decorated, and had a big flat screen TV with many channels.
In the afternoons they put out freshly baked cookies in the lobby. Don't miss those, they are to die for. In the mornings there is a free breakfast. In addition to the usual things such as cereal, muffins and fruit, they also have some hot offerings such as sausages and a waffle station.
There is a nice secluded courtyard where you can't even tell you are in busy Charleston. You can sit in the courtyard to eat breakfast if you want. They have tables and chairs out there. In the courtyard you will also find the pool.
Overall a nice hotel in a good location for seeing historic Charleston.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel
- Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Historic District
- Hampton Inn Charleston
- Charleston Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hampton Inn Charleston-Historic District, you’ll experience antebellum architecture and fabulous shops of the King Street historic district right outside our hotel. Our Charleston hotel is in downtown Charleston adjacent to the Charleston Museum, the nation's oldest museum. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Explore nearby 18th century plantations, churches, and the Charleston city market, walking distance from our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.