We planned out trip to Charleston, SC, pretty late and most of the hotels in down town were either sold out or beyond our means. The city center is really the peninsula of Charleston. It is a beautiful place indeed and well worth a visit. By beyond our means I mean over $150 a night. We chose the Hampton Inn because we had some positive past experience. This particular hotel is about 6 miles from downtown. You may know that because of its location access to 'downtown' and the historic area is over various bridges -which in my opinion lends to the attraction of the whole are. Our hotel was very clean, tidy and neat and with nice decor -the hot breakfast which was included in the price was top class, the breakfast area being an attractively furnished high ceiling affair, the staff was helpful and courteous.
We drove into down town and got parking at the Visitors' Center for $10 a day. We strolled the city from there.
Next time we will plan in time and hopefully make a reservation with Hampton Inn's other area hotel, smack in the middle of historic downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Charleston/West Ashley is near downtown historic Charleston, off of Highway 17, close to Citadel Mall, golf courses, and West Ashley historic plantations. Wake up to a free hot breakfast before venturing out in Charleston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn And Suites Charleston / West Ashley
- Hampton Inn West Ashley
- Charleston Hampton Inn