“Very accommodating and convenient for our short stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA members get 10% off
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Charleston
Maryville, Tennessee
“Very accommodating and convenient for our short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Although our stay here was short (2 days), it was very accommodating. The rooms and other parts of the property were clean and well kept. The kitchenette and living room area of the suite was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was a typical Hampton Inn breakfast with a friendly kitchen staff. The reception/check-in was easy and pleasant, as was the check-out process. Conveniently located near major highways, transportation to downtown Charleston was simple and quick. Near shopping mall and restaurants--nice Japanese restaurant an easy walk across the parking lot. We plan to use this Hampton Inn's "Snooze and Cruise" accommodations before a cruise next spring, which provides accommodations, transportation to and from Charleston's port, and parking for our vehicle while we are away.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

My spouse often says, "It's a Hampton Inn. How bad can it be?" We have always enjoyed our stays at HI properties, but the West Ashley HI is a cut above. Our room was quiet, clean, and airy, the bathroom was spotless, and the common areas were nicely decorated and very welcoming. Breakfast included the usual chilled items and waffle station, but there was also a hot option each day: biscuits and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs and bacon, etc. The location was perfect for us, as we toured through the greater Charleston region, heading west to Middleton/Drayton, south to Edisto Beach, and also into the downtown area each day. The hotel is a few miles from downtown, but it's a straight shot and we never encountered much traffic.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Loved my short stay here. Clean, comfortable hotel with above average breakfast and pleasant staff. Beats paying three times as much to stay downtown.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed at this Hampton for three days in April 2011 while visiting Charleston and were very pleased with this hotel. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and I was pleased to see more than one worker in the breakfast area which helped keep the food stocked and the area clean. The hotel even offered a managers reception in the lobby from 5pm-7pm....which included free drinks (beer, wine, soda) and snacks. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Edgewater, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

This is a beautiful Hampton Inn!! My 78 year old mother and I stayed here for 4 nights. After driving through the deadly tornadoes that hit North Carolina on Saturday, April 16th and not finding a room to be had between Florence and Charleston, we slept in our car that night!! AWFUL!! BUT we let the Hampton Inn know our issue and they took my cell phone number so that they could let us know the minute a room opened up (we had booked Apr. 17-21). They called at 8AM than goodness!! Irene at the front desk was amazing!! She told us to grab breakfast and just made us feel right at home. We absolutely love everything about this property. The price is so reasonable, the location perfect for visiting downtown Charleston, Sullivan's Island, and the entire surrounding area. The beds are the most comfortable we have found. The hotel is so crisp and clean and very nicely decorated. The pool area is so nice and relaxing and the pool the cleanest I have ever seen. Jordan at the front desk is such a nice guy, always willing to help the customers and give GREAT advice about area eateries. In short, we cannot wait to go back to Charleston (an amazingly gorgeous city) AND stay at THIS Hampton Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Become a Hilton Honors customer.
  • Stayed April 2011
SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked a jacuzzi suite online several days before I arrived. When i arrived, I received my keys. I then asked about checking out a bit later, as my son had a brain MRI the next day, and I wasn't sure we'd be done by noon. The clerk went to put in the late check out information, and exclaimed "oh, i'm glad i noticed that. I gave you the wrong room..boy they would have been mad at me if you walked in on them". He also mentioned during the discussion that the hotel was completely booked. I thought the whole thing was odd. So up we go to our room, through the stinky hallways. When we got in we noticed there was no jacuzzi. I went back down to complain and he pretty much told me there was nothing he could do, and mentioned that he should have told me there had been an error when I checked in. He gave some excuse about the online system overbooking rooms. Gee, guess. I was lucky to have a place to sleep at all, one more overbooking glitch and I guess I would have been out of luck since I supposedly got the last room they had. No one called or emailed to inform me of this problem, maybe they thought I wouldn't notice? The entire reason I chose this hotel/suite was because I wanted a jacuzzi. With a stressful appointment looming, and my husband just returning from the middle east...I wanted an hour to relax. I spent hours searching for a jacuzzi suite close to the hospital. I would have NEVER booked at this hotel if I knew I would not get a jacuzzi..I could have chosen a closer location, nicer place, etc...I find the whole situation very fishy, especially since the government rate for the crappy room I got was only two dollars cheaper than the jacuzzi suite was supposed to be. I can only assume they gave the suite to someone else who was paying full price. The room they almost put me in by mistake was likely the suite I booked, that they gave to someone else. Given the way the desk guy worded it when he realized the mistake, the occupants may have even been friends of his..who knows? I think it was mostly about the money though..they figured the hotel weas full, might as well get full price for that room. They got nearly the same amount out of me anyway. Don't advertise government rates if you don't want to follow through! The guy gave me a bottle of wine to shut me up, and it was really too late for me to go anywhere else so we stayed..but they won't get any more of my money. I plan to file a complaint with the corporate office. Treating service men and their families like that is just unacceptable to me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Rock Hill, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stayed here because my husband ran in the Cooper River Bridge Run. It was a bit inconvenient just because it was away from downtown where the event was, but it was a great price! Anyway, our stay was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. The best part was that they gave us a "goodie bag" the morning of the race which contained healthy snacks and a race poster!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston / West Ashley? Share your experiences!