The hotel is in a good location but parking is a problem. Even if you pay for hotel parking it fills up and you have to park in an unsecured church lot across the street, which was especially annoying with the intense rainfall, having to run across the street through the flooding. The front desk staff was not particularly friendly or knowledgeable. We asked if we could pay extra for a room upgrade and he said that it isn't possible since we didn't book the room directly through the hotel. As my husband and I are travel agents and travel much more than the average person, we know this not to be the case. He advised us to walk to the aquarium for something to do that night, and despite the rain, we walked the 10 minute walk only to find out the aquarium closed 1 hour before we even arrived to the hotel. The room was fine but the ac unit kept clicking on and off without the ability to have the fan run constantly. There are no city interest pamphlets in the lobby. You have to stand in line to get info on things to do from the concierge. In theory, this is great but the line was extremely long and after a 30 minute wait, we (and many others) just decided to leave and try to find the city tourist info center. Breakfast is not included in the price of the room. I didn't find the value in this hotel and we are very easy going and experienced world travelers. For the first time in all my reviews, I have a hard time finding anything positive to say and I would not recommend this hotel to others.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Holiday Inn Charleston
- Charleston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District hotel in downtown Charleston is just steps from King Street boutique shopping, SPAWAR, Boeing and the Charleston Joint Base. It also boasts the largest Marriott Meeting space in the Historic District and offers flexible event space perfect for anything from board meetings to black-tie affairs. Our downtown Charleston hotel's exciting location makes anytime the perfect time to visit this charming Southern jewel. Conveniently located near I-26 and I-526, this Charleston hotel's historic downtown location offers breathtaking cityscapes and attractions that sparkle all year long. From sun-dappled water views of the Battery and beaches to the historic homes and gardens, visitors fall in love with all this Southern city has to offer. Tempt your palate with low-country cuisine, marvel at the city's unique culture, arts and recreation. Charleston is a distinctive destination and our Charleston downtown hotel boasts a fantastic location for business and leisure ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.