My daughter and I spent three nights in Charleston at this hotel recently, and due to the excellent recommendations of Kevin, we had reservations at the best local restaurants, maps to the most beautiful streets and Kevin's map of Magnolia Plantation, with spot on suggestions for what to see first at the plantation. Our quiet rooms were nice and adjoining, and fairly clean, but I stepped on several backings for pierced earrings, which led me to believe that the stained and worn carpets had not been well vacuumed. Also received some bug bites in the room at night. Staff generally very pleasant, and breakfast was okay, served very quickly. The hotel is well situated for walking down King Street, or to fabulous restaurants that Kevin recommends (he has their menus readily available for perusal). Elizabeth, the other concierge, was also very kind and helpful, arranging timely transportation for us to restaurants and the airport. For a quick first visit, it is really worthwhile to stay at this hotel, just to have Kevin and Elizabeth's excellent and friendly advice on where to eat and what to see. They are the gems of this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Holiday Inn Charleston
- Charleston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District hotel in downtown Charleston is just steps from King Street boutique shopping, SPAWAR, Boeing and the Charleston Joint Base. It also boasts the largest Marriott Meeting space in the Historic District and offers flexible event space perfect for anything from board meetings to black-tie affairs. Our downtown Charleston hotel's exciting location makes anytime the perfect time to visit this charming Southern jewel. Conveniently located near I-26 and I-526, this Charleston hotel's historic downtown location offers breathtaking cityscapes and attractions that sparkle all year long. From sun-dappled water views of the Battery and beaches to the historic homes and gardens, visitors fall in love with all this Southern city has to offer. Tempt your palate with low-country cuisine, marvel at the city's unique culture, arts and recreation. Charleston is a distinctive destination and our Charleston downtown hotel boasts a fantastic location for business and leisure ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.