I traveled with family to the Courtyard by Marriott in Charleston and on the drive there, we kept reading amazing reviews about some guy named Kevin. When we checked in, we asked about him and were introduced to the man himself, the Courtyard's Chief Concierge. Our trip was a wild success due to his efforts.
Kevin immediately got to know us and our interests, wanting to know what kinds of activities and food we were looking for. He then tailored his suggestions to our needs, offering a driving tour of Charleston with Jane Thornhill, a registered tourist guide since 1954 and an integral part of Charleston history itself, since my grandparents couldn't walk for too long. He made reservations at some of Charleston's best restaurants for us and, best of all, gave us the opportunity for an up-close view of Charleston's most beautiful spots on a midnight stroll.
We had 28 hours in Charleston, and yet Kevin gave us the opportunity to experience pieces of the city that many tourists never do. We had a truly unique trip and Kevin made it all possible.
The rest of the hotel staff was wonderfully accommodating and the room was comfortable. I slept like a baby in the plush beds and loved the lobby, which offered lots of sitting room. The location of the hotel also cannot be beat. The farmer's market and old citadel were right across the street and shopping on King Street was just a few more steps away. Now, when friends visit Charleston, Courtyard by Marriott will be the first place I recommend, followed by a trip to the concierge desk!
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston Historic District Hotel Charleston
- Holiday Inn Charleston
- Charleston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District hotel in downtown Charleston is just steps from King Street boutique shopping, SPAWAR, Boeing and the Charleston Joint Base. It also boasts the largest Marriott Meeting space in the Historic District and offers flexible event space perfect for anything from board meetings to black-tie affairs. Our downtown Charleston hotel's exciting location makes anytime the perfect time to visit this charming Southern jewel. Conveniently located near I-26 and I-526, this Charleston hotel's historic downtown location offers breathtaking cityscapes and attractions that sparkle all year long. From sun-dappled water views of the Battery and beaches to the historic homes and gardens, visitors fall in love with all this Southern city has to offer. Tempt your palate with low-country cuisine, marvel at the city's unique culture, arts and recreation. Charleston is a distinctive destination and our Charleston downtown hotel boasts a fantastic location for business and leisure ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.