This is a luxury hotel and makes no pretense otherwise. But it isn't snobby.
All of the people, doormen, bellmen, desk clerks, housekeepers and waitstaff, actually listen to you. They try to solve whatever issue you have as if you were family, and they give you their full attention. They show so much empathy that it is easy to forget the gratuity they deserve. (Don't overlook that. These people actually give that extra service tips were intended to reward.)
I had a room on the club level. I didn't know it earlier but it costs about $100 extra. For some people it is worthwhile. There is a free breakfast buffet, afternoon tea, and early evening cocktail party. They serve champagne and other beverages at each of these, so you might save enough on your bar tab to pay the extra cost.
I am just a small town man from Colorado, so take this with a grain of salt, but this is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.
- Also Known As:
- Charleston Place By Orient-Express Hotel
- Charleston Place By Orient-Express Hotel Charleston
- Place Hotel Charleston
- Charleston Place Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Charleston’s premier hotel just minutes from famous homes, museums and churches. World-class luxurious accommodations including a full-service European spa; rooftop pool; “The Club,” a private concierge level located on the top two floors; award-winning dining; 28 exclusive boutiques and the legendary Orient-Express service, all in the heart of downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Orient Express, Splendia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Amex, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Charleston Place by Orient-Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.