We stayed for two nights on a whim and everyone was wonderful. From the valet who opened my car door upon arrival to the bellman who collected our luggage on departure, the service was first rate. Orient Express really trains their staff well. One bellman even joked w/ me 2 days in a row about my raincoat, showing that he remembered me - imagine how many people run through there!
The room was comfortable and clean, but a little dated. Same goes for the spa - it could really use a face lift. We stayed on the club level for this trip - we have been to Charleston Place a few times - and I highly recommend it. Aske for the 8th floor instead of the 7th. It's more convenient to shuttle food & drinks to your room. We had dinner at the Charleston Grill and it was excellent, but that's another review... look for it!
- Also Known As:
- Charleston Place By Orient-Express Hotel Charleston
- Charleston Place By Orient-Express Hotel
- Place Hotel Charleston
- Charleston Place Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Charleston’s premier hotel just minutes from famous homes, museums and churches. World-class luxurious accommodations including a full-service European spa; rooftop pool; “The Club,” a private concierge level located on the top two floors; award-winning dining; 28 exclusive boutiques and the legendary Orient-Express service, all in the heart of downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline, Fareportal , Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Charleston Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.