“Parlor Suite is fit for royalty!” 5 of 5 stars

20% Discount on Suites
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“Parlor Suite is fit for royalty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our group felt like royalty at the Charlston Place Hotel this past weekend. We had a group of 8 in town for a Bachelorette Party. We reserved the 3-room Parlor Suite. It was absolutely perfect, fully out-fitted with 3 full bathrooms and a very large wet bar. The beds were incredibly comfortable. Our only complaint is that they probably should upgrade their pull-out couches, they don't compare at all to the beds, very uncomfortable. The service was impeccable and we would all love to return! The location could not have been better.

Room Tip: The parlor suite with 2 joined bedrooms is perfect for a group of eight!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have enjoyed Thanksgiving at The Charleston Place two years in a row and find the Club level service excellent. We love the constantly updated snacks and treats. The furnishings are a bit dated and in need of upgrades so I hope they will bring old school up to 21st Century. The hotel is absolutely beautiful with a spectacular chandelier in the center of the lobby. The vintage train set that runs through the Christmas tree display is so pretty and fun for the kids to watch. The restaurant downstairs, The Charleston Grill, served a superior meal. Overall, a great hotel and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Returned Wednesday night from a 4 night stay at Charleston Place, combo of a long weekend/business meeting trip. Beautiful place with nice staff. The first night we were in a 3rd floor double next to the elevator, Although the beds were very comfy I did not sleep well, heard the other guests coming off the elevator at all hours. As promised at check in, the reception desk called the next day and the bellhop moved us to a King on the 6th floor while we were out having lunch and shopping at the market. Received the USA Today at our door every morning. turn down service every night with a chocolate or pack of benne wafers and a filled ice bucket. Great Meeting Street location, convenient to King and Market Streets with lots of shopping and dining.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Charleston Place Hotel twice and my experiences were consistently bad. On the surface, the Charleston Place seems like a very nice hotel. But the walls are paper thin. I could hear every word spoken in the adjacent rooms and hallway as if there were no walls at all. In fact, it was as if sounds from adjacent rooms were magnified. This is not a matter of hearing muffled sounds; it literally sounded as if the people were sitting in my room, speaking -- loudly. To make matters even worse, there was also a huge dog in the room next to mine who was constanty whining (louder than any dog I've ever heard) and barking the entire time I was there, including all night. There were a lot of dogs on the elevator and in the lobby too; it was inescapable. Also, my key card for the elevator (I was on the club level) and my room constantly failed. In a single day, I had to go to the front desk to have my keys reactivitated six times. I was told not to get my key card anywhere near my cell phone or any electronic device. But I keep my phone and my keys in my bag (where else?), so that was not a practical solution. I've stayed in lots of hotels with key cards and have never before experienced any problem. Defective key cards is, in my experience, unique to the Charleston Place Hotel. I will never stay here again. Overall, a very bad experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel. There are no good rooms. All rooms have paper thin walls and the key cards don'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Blueberry2013,
I am very sorry to read about the issues you experienced during your stay. While I am unhappy to hear that you had problems, I appreciate your feedback as we review all comments to help improve future experiences.

Our security team is available to assist with noise complaints, so I am sorry we weren't given the opportunity to resolve this issue during your stay. Additionally, we try our utmost to maintain the integrity of the key cards, and to inform guests of their sensitivity to electronic devices. I apologize for this inconvenience, and we will certainly work to come up with a more practical solution. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Paul Stracey
Charleston Place Hotel
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just returned from 2 nights at Charleston Place. As in previous visits we stayed on the club level. In our room the phone did not operate properly nor did the HVAC. We did not receive the USA TODAY one morning as promised. The staff was terrific and we loved the location. Will likely return but we hope these small inconveniences will improve.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Charleston Place over a weekend during the summer, and were more than pleased with the decor, the service, and the location. Our room was a somewhat small, but beautifully decorated. The bathroom was fine. The restaurants in Charleston Place are quite good, and the hotel is within walking distance of several of Charleston's excellent restaurants. So, you can easily find out why Charleston has earned its reputation for a city of fine dining experiences.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We loved our stay at Charleston Place. The wonderful southern charm, great service and comfortable room made our stay above expectations. The only reason for 4 stars is that the room service food was consistently under par. Not terrible but not high quality given the price.

Otherwise the service was so outstanding. Anything asked for was quickly taken care of.
The hotel is in the middle of things, within walking distance to wonderful shops and restaurants.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Belmond Charleston Place? Share your experiences!