“From checking in to checking out a very pleasant expericence” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Charleston
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“From checking in to checking out a very pleasant expericence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

In our travels throughtout the year we always look forward to returning to our favorite hotel, the Charleston Place. The service, the historic location, the Charleston Grill, are just a few of the experiences we so enjoy at the hotel. We have made it a point to try and return to the Charleston Place once a month just to relax in the atmosphere of a grand hotel and the friendly, professional staff who work to make your visit a very pleasurable experiences.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Second stay here, though it's been a few years. Once again, I was lucky enough to stay at the Club Level, so honestly that is what my review reflects. My room was perfect. Beautiful colors, draperies and bed linens to match, very Southern genteel...Nice sized and comfy...The only caveat is that they have not upgraded their televisions to flat screens (I understand that they are in the suites only at this time)....C'mon guys...do update these by my next visit! Well what can I say about the staff? I found each and every one of them to be perfectly courteous and professional, and a customer seriously feels as though they are the MOST important guest that the hotel has. How many hotels can you honestly say that about? I can only think of one other, and that is in Boston, and has already been reviewed by me. This is a beautiful hotel, with their lovely Thoroughbred Club, lots of lovely shopping to be had, and just overall splendid decor, and let's not forget the infamous winding staircase...I hear that their Spa is wonderful, though I have not visited. The location is perfect, the service is top notch, what's not to love? I seriously will not consider staying anywhere else when I visit Charleston....(Note...I also found their manager to be most hospitable and charming...) Will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Maplewood, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I love the Charleston Place. I've been lucky enough to stay here several times most recently in December 2010. This was my first holiday visit to CP and it was absolutely beautifully decorated.

The rooms are classic, plush and comfortable but what always makes the Charleston Place is the people. The spa isn't the plushest in this day and age of uber spas but the service providers are great.

You won't find the warm, southern welcome more evident anywhere. .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
CharlestonPlace, General Manager at Belmond Charleston Place, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Thank you for your continued patronage. I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us over the holidays. It is a wonderful time of year to visit Charleston. I want to thank you for sharing feedback on your experience. I'm especially happy to read your comments about our staff, as guest service is our top priority at Charleston Place. I'll be certain to let our staff that their hard work isn't going unnoticed by our guests.
Mt Pleasant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

If you are headed to Chucktown USA you need to stay at Charleston Place. It is in the center of everything and the amenities are top notch. Clean rooms, great food, and above and beyond staff. My son...who called the hotel trying to reach us loves the way the person who answers the phone responded to his request. "MY PLEASURE""

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I am writing this review during my stay at Charleston Place. I have never been so happy staying somewhere as I am now. I was nervous because I read reviews of people complaining about coffee makers and rooms not looking new. It makes me wonder who is writing the reviews! The rooms are gorgeous-- southern charm at it's finest. I assume some people do not understand that Charleston Place is one of very few Full Service hotels. That means there are no coffee makers because there is a coffee shop where they do it for you, or you can order to have a pot delivered to your room. Everywhere you turn there is a friendly staff member offering to help me, handing me water bottles to stay cool, asking me about my day--all while not imposing on my time or space. It is the perfect place to be if you don't want to make your own coffee, or you don't want to carry your bags to your room. Charleston Place is ideal for the traveler who is seeking luxury and comfort without the pretentious atmosphere. I highly recommend the club floor. I feel like the staff are becoming my friends. I will be sad to leave them.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a perfect stay at the Charleston Place. He was there for a meeting; I for leisure. We stayed in a Club level room. Expensive, yes; but a super value. Breakfast with many choices, all day wine and cheese, tea and pastries in the afternoon, wonderful array of appetizers during coktails (could be dinner),full open bar for cocktails through 10 pm. The room was lovely with decor appropriate to the ambiance of the historic feel of the hotel. Our room was very quiet. The location is superb. We walked to all the attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Mt. Pleasant
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I can't say enough about the wonderful time we had celebrating two birthdays at this grand hotel! The rooms were amazing, spacious and the decor superb. The hotel was decorated for Christmas and was a beautiful sight to behold. The grand staircase was fit for royalty.

The staff was very friendly and extremely accomodating. We used the consierge service and felt that it certainly was money well spent. What a great way to see this beautiful city and what a memorable way to celebrate a birthday!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Belmond Charleston Place? Share your experiences!