“Enjoyable Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Enjoyable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My daughter and I love Thai food, and we were not disappointed at any time during our visit. Don't judge this place by its outward appearance, for inside you will find a quiet, intimate setting. The staff was quick and attentive. Our food was presented quickly and tastefully, with vegetables fresh and not overcooked.I will be back again!

• Visited June 2013

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Good food for a quick dinning choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place was not our first choice but it was walking distance from our hotel and we were too tired to go elsewhere. We were apprehensive since this place has very few reviews and the outside looks a bit run down. But we were pleasantly surprised with the food quality. I had the curry potatoes and beef (forget the actual dish name) and friend had basil chicken and both dishes were very good. The Thai Iced Tea was delicious too.

• Visited May 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Service A Little Slow But Considerate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I went with my wife, mother-in-law, and 2-year-old daughter. The satay was terrific, the pad thai decent - it's a difficult dish to get just right - and the spiciness of the food detuned for American taste buds. The service was a little slow, even though it was early evening and the restaurant was largely empty, but the staff was attentive to my daughter and we showed our appreciation in the gratuity.

Finding a Thai restaurant in West Ashley was a delightful surprise. Try it at least once. I think you'll like it.

• Visited August 2011
charleston, sc
“poor service beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have been to this establishment several times with decent service. Tonight,
we had several issues. 1) they would not honor our restaurant.com coupon because it wasn't printed out on paper (code was on our iphone). There are no stipulations on having to bring a printed copy.
2) it took over 30 minutes to get our appetizer out (when I reminded her it magically appeared a few minutes later).
3) my meal was completely forgotten. I had to walk to the front after my wife's was presented to track down the waitress, who had no idea what I was talking about...and no one seemed to care a bit.

For the same price as Basil downtown, this place is overpriced, has poor atmosphere, and the service is declining rapidly. Sorely disappointed after several times I've dined here.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, SC
“Welcome addition to Charleston 'ethnic restaurant' scene”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We had lunch at Taste of Thai recently and were pleasantly surprised. The quality of the food was very good and the portions were reasonable (i.e. not too small but also not too large - which, yes, can sometimes be a concern). We've been to Thailand several times and have eaten Thai food in larger US cities for forty years. My wife ordered tom yum, which was authentic, and my tofu/veggie dish was perfectly done. Far less pretentious than the other so-called Thai restaurants downtown, this place is a welcome add to the limited Charleston restaurant scene. Nice decor, too. Service was OK.

• Visited July 2011