We stayed for a couple of nights in November with two children aged 9 and 12. We booked family room which was on the coner of the hotel and had a separate sitting room/kitchenette and bedroom. the room was spotless and comfortable, as was the bed - I slept like a log. We used the free shuttle bus in the evenings to get into and out of Charleston which was great and meant we could enjoy cocktails and drinks without worrying about driving. In the day we parked downtown which was about a 10 minute drive if that, and was fine. As we are used to UK prices for parking we didn't feel it was too onerous for the day - $12 I believe.
The staff were super friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good too plenty of choice and fresh food which doesn't always happen.
The weather was warm enough to enjoy a dip in the pool which after a day sightseeing was a nice way to relax. the pool area was clean and pleasant with lounge chairs and groups of tables and chairs too.
Although the hotel is not in the historic district it is very close, with a drop in price to match which means you have more money to spend going out, and the free shuttle is a real bonus in the evenings. I would whole heartedly recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview Hotel
- Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview Hotel Charleston
- Residence Inn Charleston Downtown
- Residence Inn Charleston
- Charleston Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Downtown/Riverview is just 1.5 miles from the Historic District and is close to The Citadel, College of Charleston, Roper Hospital and MUSC. Your next business meeting will be a success in our Ashley Meeting Room, perfect for board meetings. Conveniently located near I-26 and I-526, this downtown Charleston hotel will prove to be your home away from home. From breathtaking views of the Battery and beaches to the historic homes and plantations, guests will fall in love with all this Southern City has to offer. Charleston will leave you in awe with its unique culture, low-country dining, arts and recreation. With fantastic amenities, the Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston Downtown/Riverview is the ideal choice whether traveling for business or leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.