“soup anyone ?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #232 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
“soup anyone ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I never thought I would get soup and a sandwich in s.c. in July but I did and it was delicious !! Everyone there was very friendly and accomodating-The price is right and gives you great value for the money. Only down-side was I wish they gave you more soup !!

Visited July 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Homemade soups are the speciality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This little shop is located in Freshfields Village, which is the main & really only Kiawah shopping/restaurant area, located bout a mi from the check in entrance to Kiawah Island. It's a small shop, but offers quite a number of home made soups (maybe 10?) & sandwiches. Cooking is my hobby, so I know what a good, homemade soup should taste like. I also know exactly what it costs to make homemade soup. I didn't't try any sandwiches or salads, but did buy 4 soups for take out: loaded potato, chicken noodle, a chili & broccoli. the staff was eager to let me sample as many soup flavors as I wanted, so u can taste before u buy. Before buying or tasting, I asked for an ingredient list for each soup, to ensure they really were homemade. The staff were proud to give me the list of ingredients & the list passed my high standards for content. I I thought the 4 soups I purchased were excellent. I also thought the prices were very fair, considering the soups are homemade & being sold in a resort area not known for its bargain prices. As I recall, the shop also has a few small tables, so u can dine in as well. Don't pass this little cafe up, the soups are high quality & good value.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“We love Ladle's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I came here on our trip to Charleston to look at apartments before we moved. The soup, sandwiches, and salads are great, and you can sample the soups before you purchase. Also, they have an unlimited soup and salad special if you're really hungry. The prices are very reasonable for lunch as well. We just moved and can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grovetown, Georgia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Great soup and sandwiches! Well worth the trip. I had the loaded potato with big chunks of taters, and the wide had she crap soup. It was so good, we took home
another bowl of chicken noodle.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston
“Cheap and tastless...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife just picked up soup and sandwiches for our dinner and what a disappointment..lousy club sandwiches with plain white bread, and chicken soup that was barely better than Campbells...no seasoning whatsoever...the only saving grace was that it was a LivingSocial deal....forget about it and go to Harris Teeter or Publix and get yourself a nice, loaded sub.

• Visited June 2012