“Best decision we made!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 195 Activities in Charleston
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Charleston Outdoor Adventures (COA) is an Eco-guiding and rental service. Through COA, an experienced naturalist provide guests with environmental Eco-tours and rentals throughout the saltwater estuaries of Folly Beach and the Charleston area. Charleston Outdoor Adventures services provide clients the opportunity to explore the saltwater estuaries through guided kayak tours, guided paddle board tours, charter boat Eco-tours, inshore fishing charters and kayak/ paddle board rentals.
Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Best decision we made!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

If you enjoy the outdoors, being active on your vacation, and supporting a very lovely business Charleston Outdoor Adventures is the place you need to go.

This past August my husband and I traveled to Charleston and we always enjoy being outside. I knew we wanted to do some kayaking but I didn't know which company. I can't remember why I chose COA but am so glad I did! We did the early morning 2-hour kayak and it was just my husband and I with another couple. We had an EXCEPTIONAL guide. She had graduated from the College of Charleston with a degree in marine biology and you could instantly see how passionate and knowledgeable she was about the wildlife around us. Not only did she tell us about everything from stone crabs to fiddler crabs to the cranes and dolphins we saw, but also stories of local fisherman, her experience in Charleston, and provided great recommendations. If you just rent the kayaks and go off by yourself, I think you're missing out.

While my husband and I are very active, you DO NOT need to be in great shape to do this kayaking tour. It really is for everyone. Just a tip: If I were you, I'd pick a single kayak. It's a lot of fun steering it yourself instead of chancing a fight with your spouse on the water (we were with honeymooners....and they were getting a bit cold with one another! :)

If we ever return to Charleston, COA will be our number one thing on our itinerary. It was the BEST experience we had. Money well spent. This is not a tourist "trap" (i.e. spend a lot of money, don't get much in return, nothing unique or interesting about it). This business is compromised of a handful of individuals that love what they do and want to share it with others.

Visited August 2012

Chapin, South Carolina
“Adventure to Morris Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

First, Joe the owner of COA is a great guide. He is knowledgeable of the species and eco-systems along the creek out to the island. Four of us traveled with him seeing oyster beds, dolphins and other wildlife. He dropped us off at the island to allow us to get out and walk around where we had a great view of the lighthouse. This tour was alot of fun for all of us. We even were fortunate to see a unique behavior of dolphins, called "strand feeding." See Joe to have him explain it. Thanks!!

Visited December 2012
Charleston
6 attraction reviews
“Learning and relaxing eco tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had a two hour kayak tour December 1, 2012. The weather was great for this time of year. The equipement was first rate, and the guide was EXCEPTIONAL. His knowledge of the marsh and river ecosystem was great and very informative. He and the other members of the staff we met obviously care a great deal about the environment and take care to protect it. I would recommend this company highly . Also the pace of the tour was just right, not too fast for novice paddlers to enjoy. Saw a beautiful bald eagle too !

Visited December 2012
Staten Island, New York
“Fun and educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had a great time on the paddle boarding tour. We didn't have the best weather, but the sun came out and it turned out to be a great day. Tripp, our guide, was really knowledgeable about the estuary and the native wildlife - we expected to have some fun, but we also got a little science lesson! You can tell these guys love what they do and are dedicated to preserving the estuary.

Visited November 2012
Middleburg Heights
“Exciting, Fun, Awesome, Well Worth The Time and Money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

All I can say is THANK YOU JOSEPH! For our awesome trip! We are from Ohio and visited the Charleston area. We booked the Morris Island Eco trip and I can truly say it was by far the best guided trip we have ever been on. Joe was awesome and we learned so much about the eco system, saw dolphins strand feeding, lots of wildlife, morris island lighthouse, a shark and gathered some awesome shells! It was a perfect day and a perfect charter that we will never forget! All I can say is if you're ever in the area, don't hesitate to book this trip. This business is professional and fun, as are the personnel. We WILL be back, but this time with more family members.

Visited October 2012