“Nice meal at Husk” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Husk Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Occupying adjacent spaces on Queen Street, Husk’s structures date back to the late 1800s. The main dining room, constructed in 1893, evokes the grandeur of Charleston, and speaks to the transformation of the city over time. Victorian details and turned columns were layered over the original Queen Anne-style façade through the years, and the buildings fell into disrepair until discovered by Husk ownership. The Neighborhood Dining Group President David Howard set into a motion an extensive remodeling effort of both. Although both buildings retain their antique charm and stately character, the renovations imbued each with a modern, minimalist theme. Like the reinterpreted food served within, each space has been laid bare, revealing reclaimed floors, original windows, and exposed brick throughout. The main house features an open kitchen with a wood-burning oven and dining room.
North Carolina
“Nice meal at Husk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I was in Charleston for one night and we decided on Husk for our big night out meal. They have a cool cocktail bar next to their restaurant which I thought was a nice touch. You can go to the cocktail bar first or while you wait for your table. The cocktails were really interesting, but expensive (the way of the world though nowadays with craft cocktails). I enjoyed mine and tried some of my groups and those were good too! The atmosphere is warm and inviting... It was busy for a wet Monday. The restaurant has the same vibe. Our server was attentive and well versed about the dishes. We had a couple apps which were delicious. I had the NC catfish and it was great as well. Prices are high, but it's to be expected. I would come here again, maybe for their brunch next time!

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Well....Good but Not What I Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at Husk on a Saturday evening. The place was overflowing with locals and tourists. I have read so much about this establishment and I was eager to experience a dinner with fine wine and great service.
First the service; very good. They were attentive, with the hustle and bustle of a place that was eager to serve you and get the table set for the next guests. I must say that the "outfits" of plaid shirts and tan pants were a little too much. I know it's farm to table but really...
The sommelier was excellent. He took time to talk with us and explore what we liked in wine and proceeded to present us with a great bottle that didn't break the bank.
I had the fish entree and it was cooked to perfection. My wife had the chicken and it was.....just chicken.
The food was good but it didn't knock my socks off although I did see most men not wearing socks.
Would I go again.......I don't think so. There are some other great spots in this city and I would give them a try.

Southport, North Carolina
“best burger on the planet?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Try the burger, trust me on this. It's worth going just for that. Also tried the cornbread app and the fried pickles. The pickles were a little thick and dry but we ate almost all of them. Very good craft cocktails from the bar as well. Would've been great to sit on the porch. Probably need to make a reservation well in advance for that though. I had only called about a week and a half in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
“Best restaurant in Charleston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The service, ambience, and quality of food far exceeded my expectations. I had the Snapper and my boyfriend got the pork shoulder. The clam appetizer was fantastic too. They also have a wide variety of high quality whiskeys and cocktails. What you're getting for the price is incredible.

New York, New York
“Great brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Visiting Charleston for the first time, we looked for restaurants that would leave an impression. We would have gone to Husk for dinner, but they were booked up. We waited an hour for Sunday brunch, but it was a lovely day and we were escaping cold NY weather so sitting outside wasn't an imposition.

We wanted a relatively light lunch, so we opted for the burger and the monte cristo sandwich. Both were perfectly made with care. The burger is 10% bacon, which gave it a slightly smoky flavor I'm going to copy at home. The monte cristo was like French toast with bacon and eggs all rolled into one. Nothing wrong with that!

The lemonade was fresh and clearly house-made. As was the ketchup.

We could have ordered just about everything on the menu. It was clearly Southern inspired, and the chef clearly loves the South.

• Visited March 2014