“Best Ghost tour in Charleston” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 195 Activities in Charleston
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Charleston Walking Tours is proud to offer an array of narrated walks that cover the most interesting historical issues and sights in a city known for its turbulent past and unusual beauty. Our guides are the best in the business, with years of research and storytelling experience. They promise the kind of accuracy, insight and enthusiasm that create a delightful touring experience. Let them lead you to Charleston's hidden alleys and tell you what went on behind its closed doors.The daytime walks last approximately two hours. The ghost walks are shorter (and scarier).We go rain or shine. There are no hills. The pace is easy. Please join us. You'll be glad you did!
Elon College, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
“Best Ghost tour in Charleston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was our third ghost tour in Charleston and hands down it was the best. The guide was knowledgeable and made the tour spooky. Be sure you go at 9:30 P.M. the dark makes it more fun. Looking forward to trying some of their other tours!!

Visited April 2013

“incredibly disappointing...left during the tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

this home and history tour was highly touted by my owm family so we prebooked the tour for 10:30 on saturday the 13th. We met at washington square along witheveryone else who was unsure of exactly where to meet. Our guide showed up exactly on time and then mentioned that he was kinda of combining this tour with the history and civil war tour....we should have taken this as a clue that we were not getting what we wanted. The guide was a wealth of information...more information than we all needed...about the civil war! The guy basically skimmed over the house part of the tour...the part we paid for....and talked and talked and talked about the civil war. We were actually suppose to see a house...2 1/2 hours later we were only in the battery still talking about the war. We,along with others in the party, were REALLY irritated and we just walked away...I have never been that rude...but if I pay $20 for a tour I expect to get what I paid for. My advice NEVER book the 10:30 Saturday tour...follow this advice and I'm sure you'll give the tour a 5 like the rest of our relatives

Visited April 2013
mbtourguide, Owner at Old Charleston Walking Tours, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am sorry that you had such a bad experience. Unfortunately, we are a small company (there are only two of us) and if one of us is sick we have no choice but to cancel a tour. We hate to do this because our customers are inconvenienced and may not be able to reschedule. In this instance, I was the one that got sick and Denny did his best to handle an unfortunate situation. We always try to err on the side of our customers. He checked with everyone in the group ahead of time and they all agreed to combine the two tours. The reviewer felt that the History and Homes Tour suffered at the expense of the Civil War and Slavery Tour but the tour was so long precisely because Denny did not leave anything out. I urge the reviewer to contact me so I can offer a refund and complimentary tickets for a future tour.

Mike Brown
Old Charleston Walking Tours
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
“Great Ghost Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

On a recent trip to Charleston, my husband, teenaged daughter and I had the pleasure of taking a walking ghost tour with Mike Brown. His stories were well researched and mesmerizing. As the sun set and it got darker, the stories got more intense and Mike's talented story-telling drew everyone in. At one graveyard gate, he had us so enthralled, my daughter jumped when a fellow tour participant accidentally rustled a bag. He also gave tips on things to see and places to go throughout the tour. I would definitely recommend this tour - it was informative and just scary/creepy enough to keep our interest and not gross us out.

4 attraction reviews
“Info-packed 2-hour tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great tour. Our guide on the Civil War and Slavery tour was fantastic. Dennis was very enthusiastic about his subject, and has obviously read a great deal about it. He presented things in a thoughtful and objective way that helped you appreciate all the various factors that led to the war, and offered a considered perspective on slavery. Two hours was about right... Couldn't have taken in much more information.

Flowery Branch, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend an evening in Charleston.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Four children, ages 14-10, and two Moms had our own personnel ghost tour with Mike. We enjoyed the tour and the history tidbits that Mike shared with us. I would definitely recommend this tour group.