We stayed at the Restoration for 9 nights over Christmas and New Year for our honeymoon. We could not have chosen a better place to stay! Upon arrival on Christmas Day we were met by Nathan who arranged for a bottle of champagne to be sent to our room. Kenny, one of the hotel porters, then showed us to our room whilst giving us lots of useful information about Charleston. We kept bumping into Kenny throughout our stay and he was always exceptionally polite and wanting to help in any way he could. Although we had requested a room on the top floor prior to our stay (having read reviews on here and being light sleepers ourselves) unfortunately we were given a room on the 2nd floor. We tried this for 1 night and even though the room was beautiful the noise from above was noticeable. We therefore requested a room change which the hotel were very accommodating with, and we got moved to another lovely room (306) on the top floor. The nightly cookies and milk served in the lobby were great, as was the nightly turn down service with treats and weather forecast which we found particularly useful. The free wi-fi internet worked great in our hotel room. The breakfast hampers were amazing and we loved the free paper each morning. One evening we made use of ROK's room service facility, they ordered the food for us from a local restaurant which was then delivered to our room by Kenny. Another nice surprise was another free bottle of champagne brought to our room on New Year's eve. Both of the rooms that we saw were beautifully furnished and decorated throughout, it's refreshing to stay somewhere that looks as good in real life as it does on the website! The hotel was also helpful booking taxi's for us when we needed them, we found the yellow cab's were great and cheap. However, for some reason a different company was booked to take us to the airport which ended up costing us $45, so I would suggest requesting a yellow cab to the airport if money is an issue. The location of the hotel is also perfect, situated right in the heart of the historic district and everywhere was within easy walking distance. Overall we can't recommend the ROK enough, we certainly can't wait to return!
- Also Known As:
- The Restoration On King Hotel
- The Restoration On King Hotel Charleston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With dramatic living spaces, fully equipped kitchens, and the classic charm of decades of Southern hospitality, Restoration on King is a beautifully restored Charleston boutique hotel that is surrounded by vibrant, active Charleston, South Carolina. Located in the heart of the Historic District, the 16 luxury one- and two-bedroom suites offer executive living with all the comforts of a well-appointed apartment. The rooms are spacious and airy, ranging from 782 sq. ft. to 1,271 sq. ft. They boast 12-foot ceilings, exposed brick walls, original knotty pine flooring and large windows. While some have private patios, all guests are welcomed to join us on the rooftop terrace for wine and cheese, and the pure enjoyment of the city below. The coveted AAA Four-Diamond rating only begins to tell the story. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your The Restoration on King reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.