“Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tasty Thai & Sushi

Tasty Thai & Sushi
350 King Street, Charleston, SC 29401 (Downtown)
843 577-8813
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasty Thai & Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #272 of 778 Restaurants in Charleston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi, Thai
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Street Food
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Charleston's Finest Thai restaurant offers the many of the best dishes from Thailand as well as award winning sushi. Tasty Thai and Sushi located in the heart of Downtown Charleston is a full service restaurant and bar. Our restaurant is available for special events or parties and is very family friendly. We offer delivery as well through our website at Tasty Thai and Sushi or through QuickFoxes
Charleston, South Carolina
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I ate here for the first time for a friend's birthday. I was a bit disappointed. I don't eat sushi but felt like to buy Thai you pay sushi prices. I got plain old tofu pad thai for $13.95. Whew! Because we were a party of 8, my husband and I both were served food that was not hot and fresh. Disappointing, especially for what we paid!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

United States
“good thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

try the panang curry. Very tasty, it's our favorite. Lots of fresh ingredients in their dishes, with beautiful garnishing.
Always have Thai iced tea when we go. They know how to make it right!

Visited April 2013
PA
“Awesome vegan food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

As a vegan it is hard to locate places when traveling that I can eat at. Most Thai places serve vegetarian, and thus can usually prepare vegan food as well. We visited this place one evening for dinner while in Charleston after calling and verifying that they could prepare vegan dishes. It was near our hotel and we gave it a shot. WOW--o--WOW. Yum! OMG the food that they made vegan was out of this world!!! It is truly still to this day some of the best Thai vegan food that I have ever had. At the time we visited the restaurant it was only 8 days old!!! Staff was very friendly and we received a table as soon as we walking into the establishment. Service was with a smile and we did not wait long for our food to come out. The waitress visited the table plenty throughout the meal as well. Can not wait to go back to this place when in Charleston again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arcata, California
“Good food but service is S L O W.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food here is decent enough. Nothing to remember but perfectly fine. The service was horrible. We came in well after lunch and before dinner. The tables were half full and clearing out fast so one would expect to be served quickly. Instead we were seated and then waited 10 minutes or more before we saw our waiter. She took our order and then waited another small eternity to get our drinks and we then watched our food sit and sit on the counter while our server cleaned tables before another server finally noticed and brought us our food. Won't be in a hurry to return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gunnison, Colorado
“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Would have been an OK experience if not for my waitress, Mei. She was one of the most genuinely friendly servers I've ever had. I came alone & the restaurant was pretty quiet but she was so nice & gracious she made my experience a great & memorable one. I had egg rolls, one sushi roll, and a beer...all were good. Keep up the great service, Mei....you made my day!!

• Visited July 2013