“try the shrimp tacos or the shrimp and grits” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Henry's Bar and Restaurant

Henry's Bar and Restaurant
54 N Market Street, Charleston, SC 29401-2003 (Downtown)
(843) 723-4363‎
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #271 of 709 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Atlanta, Georgia
“try the shrimp tacos or the shrimp and grits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The food was very good, the location and ambience nice but service was a lacking. In her defense, our waitress was covering most, if not all, the dining area and was hustling. On a busy weekend with warm weather, the restaurant was nearly full and we didn't get service that was on par with the food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Greek burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We both had the Greek burger. Outstanding taste! Sat inside near one of the open windows and watched folks meandering in and out of the market. Lovely day. Great lunch!

Visited December 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Went 2 Days in a Row!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We liked this place so much that we went for lunch 2 days in a row. We sat on the rooftop patio and watched the world go by! Location was perfect for grabbing a bite to eat after sight-seeing! We thought the food was great (especially the Patty Melt!) and the drinks were awesome. My new favourite margarita is the "Horny Grandma"! I know we will visit this place every time we are in Charleston from now on (my Dad goes every year in the winter months). Service was great, so was the food and the drinks! And the view from the rooftop was awesome! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aspen, Colorado
“If you have no idea how many ways the "[--]" BOMB can be used visit HENRY'S”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

After less than a pleasant experience in an up-scale restaurant near Henry's, I decided to try them.
I am glad I did.
For as I entered I saw a solitary attractive lady at the end of the "U" shaped bar--a young couple on my side of the bar --3 young female seated servers on the other side of the bar and 3 bartenders.
I was also greeted with an incredible array of "F" BOMBS from the sewer serving as a mouth of the bearded bartender. Loud enough to be heard from the front entry to all around the bar.
As I passed by the seated servers I remarked "The bartender has a sewer mouth"
"WHAT DID YOU SAY? one of they asked.
I repeated my statement and she said ":Oh he's just talking about his girlfriend"
My parting comment was "If I cared to do so I would go to the Men's Room get some toilet paper and give it to him, just in case he wants to wipe his mouth later"
The 3 seated servers dropped their jaws.
I said nothing else as I left, with the bearded bartender still "F" bombing.
I would not set foot in Henry's ALONE let alone with a lady.

• Visited December 2012
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Sunday in Downtown Charleston, Henry's is a good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had the Greek Burger, it was delicious. The most important part of my experience was asking for mustard as Sara set the burger down on the table, and getting it right away. You'd be surprised how many restaurants I've been too and how many waitstaff have brought out the food, asked is their anything else and when they've been asked for condiments, completely lost track of the request. The small details are some of the most important and we found the staff, the whole staff, worked together to make sure of the details.

Thanks!