“Great hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Chicago, Illinois
“Great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed just one night; my husband, 2 kids (ages 12 and 14) and myself. Check in was a little slow at 9pm but that was because many people showed up at the same time and there was only one person at the desk. The woman at the desk was really nice and helpful though. Rooms were great. Two queens, separate sitting area with a sofa, chair, coffee table plus a large desk and mini fridge. Lots of extra pillows and blankets in the closet too. Everything looked new and the room was very clean. Only small issue was the layout of the breakfast area. The seating area was a little small for the size of the hotel and the section were the food was placed was in narrow galley like area. It got a little crowded. But it wasn't enough to leave a negative impact on us. Overall, great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about the comfort Suites. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We just came back from a long weekend in Charleston. We stayed at the Comfort Suites West of Ashley and really liked the hotel. It is close by the road/highway and easy access to. We had trouble with the GPS to get there (for some reason the GPS brought us further away at a Toyota Dealer), but here are the coordinates you can used and you will be directed in the parking lot right in front of the hotel front door: N 32°47.444' W 080° 01.976' . The hotel is about 20 minutes from Charleston Battery Street (where you can find free parking, but look at the signs because there are some residential parking as well).

The breakfast is included and you can choose from: cold and hot beverages, cold cereals, oatmeal, fruits, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, pastries, bread, English muffin, waffles (two flavor choices), the hot breakfast choices (eggs, grits) are changing every day. At least, those are the options we had.

We had a room on the side of the boulevard and we were not bothered by any noise. The parking lot can get pretty busy late at night. I can confirm that few cars were parked by the cubs in the morning (that was said in another review).

The staff was very nice. I would definitely go back to this hotel in my next trip to Charleston. I would recommend this hotel for a weekend in Charleston. It is worth the price and location (if you have a car to travel around with). You just have a short drive to downtown Charleston...then you can walk in Charleston and enjoy this wonderful city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Raeford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

When planning my second trip to Charleston, I was tempted to stay downtown or in the Ashley-Phosphate area. Then I remembered I had stayed here in the past and was pleased, so I decided to stay here again. I was not disappointed, the room was very nice and spacious. The continental breakfast was good and they had a lot to choose from. I know some people complain about getting out into traffic, I think you just have to be patient and not be in a hurry. I would suggest, asking for a room on a higher floor. Whatever you do avoid, the first floor unless you like hearing road noise. It didn't bother me that much, but I was just glad to be on a mini-vacation. The staff was friendly and professional, I would definitely suggest this hotel. Savannah Highway takes you straight into downtown Charleston, you can't beat that!

Room Tip: When making your reservation ask for a room on a higher floor. I would also call the hotel directly...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us again. I am so glad we were able to serve you well. We look forward to your third stay at the Comfort Suites.
Wrightsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Everything from check-in to check-out was perfect. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again. We arrived without reservations and only room left was a handicap room. We were given a discount on the room which was very spacious. Also, for being a Diamond Choice Privilege member, we were given $5 credit to the "market" which was great because I really needed a snack.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad we were able to make your stay a perfect one. We look forward to having you here with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

A family member recommended this hotel to us for our visit to Charleston. We were a little concerned because it was not in downtown but the price was about half of the cost of the downtown hotels so we gave it a shot. We were happy we did. The drive into downtown was easy and only took @ 10 minutes. The rooms were very clean and extremely comfortable. The breakfast was above average and much better than I expected. It consisted of cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, breads, 2 kinds of waffles and a couple of hot items (biscuits and gravy or eggs and sausage etc). I noticed that there were several restaurants nearby that were within easy walking distance. The pool and exercise areas were nice and the WiFi signal worked well. I did notice that in the morning there were cars parked wherever there was space which led me to believe that if you got to the hotel late the actual parking spots were already full and you may have trouble finding somewhere to park. We got in around 10pm and there were still plenty of spaces. Not a deal breaker but something to keep in mind. With all that said I saved the best for last. The staff was excellent. They were friendly, helpful and absolutely first class. I could have just hung out with Charlene at the front desk all day and had a great time. She went out of her way to make everyone feel at home. The other staff members were all just as friendly. The management of the hotel and the company in general should be proud to have these employees working for them. I will stay here again whenever I am in Charleston.

• Stayed July 2013
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your great review and your kind words about our staff member Charlene. She is wonderful! I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and look forward to your return.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff was amazing! They were always available, very friendly, and very accomodating. This includes the front desk. housekeeping, breakfast hospitality, and maintenance. My family was there because of a devastating fire, and we did have some spedific needs which were all taken care of. The staff was very sensitive to our difficulties.

It seemed that many of the guests were "regulars," and the atmosphere was always relaxed and pleasant. I would not hesitate to recommend Comfort Suites on Savannah Hwy.

Room Tip: We were given a handicapped room because my father is elderly. The rooms are well equipped, and p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I am so glad to hear that your stay was a great one. Hope to see you again soon.
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations. We used a coupon found on trip advisor. For the rate we were paying, we did not expect much. The hotel staff was excellent, breakfast was yummy and the rooms were spotless!!!