“A Good Compromise for the Proximity of Downtown Charleston” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2080 Savannah Hwy, Charleston, SC 29407   |
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Charleston
Mobile, Alabama
“A Good Compromise for the Proximity of Downtown Charleston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We just came back from a long weekend in Charleston. We stayed at the Comfort Suites West of Ashley and really liked the hotel. It is close by the road/highway and easy access to. We had trouble with the GPS to get there (for some reason the GPS brought us further away at a Toyota Dealer), but here are the coordinates you can used and you will be directed in the parking lot right in front of the hotel front door: N 32°47.444' W 080° 01.976' . The hotel is about 20 minutes from Charleston Battery Street (where you can find free parking, but look at the signs because there are some residential parking as well).

The breakfast is included and you can choose from: cold and hot beverages, cold cereals, oatmeal, fruits, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, pastries, bread, English muffin, waffles (two flavor choices), the hot breakfast choices (eggs, grits) are changing every day. At least, those are the options we had.

We had a room on the side of the boulevard and we were not bothered by any noise. The parking lot can get pretty busy late at night. I can confirm that few cars were parked by the cubs in the morning (that was said in another review).

The staff was very nice. I would definitely go back to this hotel in my next trip to Charleston. I would recommend this hotel for a weekend in Charleston. It is worth the price and location (if you have a car to travel around with). You just have a short drive to downtown Charleston...then you can walk in Charleston and enjoy this wonderful city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Raeford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

When planning my second trip to Charleston, I was tempted to stay downtown or in the Ashley-Phosphate area. Then I remembered I had stayed here in the past and was pleased, so I decided to stay here again. I was not disappointed, the room was very nice and spacious. The continental breakfast was good and they had a lot to choose from. I know some people complain about getting out into traffic, I think you just have to be patient and not be in a hurry. I would suggest, asking for a room on a higher floor. Whatever you do avoid, the first floor unless you like hearing road noise. It didn't bother me that much, but I was just glad to be on a mini-vacation. The staff was friendly and professional, I would definitely suggest this hotel. Savannah Highway takes you straight into downtown Charleston, you can't beat that!

Room Tip: When making your reservation ask for a room on a higher floor. I would also call the hotel directly...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again. I am so glad we were able to serve you well. We look forward to your third stay at the Comfort Suites.
Wrightsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Everything from check-in to check-out was perfect. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again. We arrived without reservations and only room left was a handicap room. We were given a discount on the room which was very spacious. Also, for being a Diamond Choice Privilege member, we were given $5 credit to the "market" which was great because I really needed a snack.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad we were able to make your stay a perfect one. We look forward to having you here with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A family member recommended this hotel to us for our visit to Charleston. We were a little concerned because it was not in downtown but the price was about half of the cost of the downtown hotels so we gave it a shot. We were happy we did. The drive into downtown was easy and only took @ 10 minutes. The rooms were very clean and extremely comfortable. The breakfast was above average and much better than I expected. It consisted of cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, breads, 2 kinds of waffles and a couple of hot items (biscuits and gravy or eggs and sausage etc). I noticed that there were several restaurants nearby that were within easy walking distance. The pool and exercise areas were nice and the WiFi signal worked well. I did notice that in the morning there were cars parked wherever there was space which led me to believe that if you got to the hotel late the actual parking spots were already full and you may have trouble finding somewhere to park. We got in around 10pm and there were still plenty of spaces. Not a deal breaker but something to keep in mind. With all that said I saved the best for last. The staff was excellent. They were friendly, helpful and absolutely first class. I could have just hung out with Charlene at the front desk all day and had a great time. She went out of her way to make everyone feel at home. The other staff members were all just as friendly. The management of the hotel and the company in general should be proud to have these employees working for them. I will stay here again whenever I am in Charleston.

• Stayed July 2013
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your great review and your kind words about our staff member Charlene. She is wonderful! I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and look forward to your return.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff was amazing! They were always available, very friendly, and very accomodating. This includes the front desk. housekeeping, breakfast hospitality, and maintenance. My family was there because of a devastating fire, and we did have some spedific needs which were all taken care of. The staff was very sensitive to our difficulties.

It seemed that many of the guests were "regulars," and the atmosphere was always relaxed and pleasant. I would not hesitate to recommend Comfort Suites on Savannah Hwy.

Room Tip: We were given a handicapped room because my father is elderly. The rooms are well equipped, and p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I am so glad to hear that your stay was a great one. Hope to see you again soon.
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations. We used a coupon found on trip advisor. For the rate we were paying, we did not expect much. The hotel staff was excellent, breakfast was yummy and the rooms were spotless!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent property. Clean rooms, safe location and decent hot breakfast. The rooms are well done and kept clean. The only issue is the location as it is a little hard to find and GPS will run you in circles trying to find it. I would recommend it for any group meeting that you may have along with a definite recommendation for families touring the area. Good location convenient to restaurants and stores and not to far to downtown Charleston. Katye White is the greatest when it comes to helping book your group.. Super staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are good in my opinion.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about Katye our directoir of sales. She is an asset to the Comfort Suites and I am so glad she was able to help you with your arrangements. Again, thank you for your great review on Comfort Suites West Ashley.

Been to Comfort Suites West of the Ashley? Share your experiences!