“Wonderful room and service” 5 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites West of the Ashley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2080 Savannah Hwy, Charleston, SC 29407   |
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful room and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband, our three children, and I were planning to spend a quick night in Charleston on our way to Florida. Unfortunately, my husband got food poisoning in North Carolina on our way down. Our room was clean, recently decorated, and much bigger than I expected (which worked out wonderfully since we stayed until he was better). The staff was so kind and helpful. They repeatedly cleaned our bathroom and refused my offer to do the cleaning. They adjusted our reservation so that we could extend our stay. They helped with accurate directions, restaurants for those of us who were healthy, and finding medication. The location is an easy drive to historic Charleston, which the kids and I loved and had plenty of time to explore.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This motel is very spacious and the room was huge and clean. Lovely big beds and selection for breakfast. Good service at reception. Next time would probably stay a little more central to the french quarter.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice staff, very helpful and customer service oriented. Room was extremely spacious and clean; smelled great. Continental breakfast was sufficient. Loved the jacuzzi tub; full size kitchen and full size living room. One of the best hotels I've stayed in.Rates were also very reasonable and under gov perdiem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a great value! $89.99 a night gave my husband and I a King size suite, a continental breakfast that was both tasty and filling, and put us within 15 minutes of all the attractions in Charleston! Plus the suite had a flat screen, mini fridge, and microwave which made storing, reheating, and enjoying leftover food easy. They even have an indoor pool and workout facility! I shopped around for other hotels in the area, and hands down, this is the best value.

• Stayed January 2013
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is a great deal, very clean, and has great service. It is still just a short drive to Charleston attractions and has several restaurants nearby. It is less expensive than many hotels but is just as nice as many other chain hotels in the area. We will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013
Tunkhannock, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This Comfort Suites is the cleanest, friendliest hotel we have ever stayed at. The staff was very helpful, courteous and very professional. We can't wait for our next trip and our stay at this hotel.
We would be sure to recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to South Carolina.

Room Tip: All rooms must have the highest quality, because our two rooms were fabulous!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RICHMOND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was my first trip to Charleston and this Comfort Suites. I was very impressed by the outside appearance upon arrival. I was greeted promptly and when I opened the door to my room, I couldn't have been more pleased. It was a very large room, great working space and was very clean.
The business center had everything I needed, the breakfast was fresh and presented nicely and again, the staff was as friendly and attentive as they could be.
I will stay here on all my future visits.

Room Tip: Nothing to add, every aspect of my stay was great !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business