“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 54 hotels in Charleston
Tunkhannock, PA
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This Comfort Suites is the cleanest, friendliest hotel we have ever stayed at. The staff was very helpful, courteous and very professional. We can't wait for our next trip and our stay at this hotel.
We would be sure to recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to South Carolina.

Room Tip: All rooms must have the highest quality, because our two rooms were fabulous!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
RICHMOND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was my first trip to Charleston and this Comfort Suites. I was very impressed by the outside appearance upon arrival. I was greeted promptly and when I opened the door to my room, I couldn't have been more pleased. It was a very large room, great working space and was very clean.
The business center had everything I needed, the breakfast was fresh and presented nicely and again, the staff was as friendly and attentive as they could be.
I will stay here on all my future visits.

Room Tip: Nothing to add, every aspect of my stay was great !
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the referenced hotel and were pleased with the quality of the rooms and the efficiency, competence and politeness of the staff, in particular Laura, who checked us in and provided excellent directions for our enjoyment of the Charleston area. Our room was perfectly prepared and immaculately clean. Thank you for your attention to detail and your absolutely superb staff.

Seneca, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

When I was booking this stay through Orbitz, I had previously viewed what was available near the St Francis Hospital and when I went back to book, I "mistakenly" booked this motel instead of our intended place to stay. I was very pleasantly surprised after I discovered my error and reached this motel. It is in a very convenient location, easy on and easy off the main hwy. This motel is in a nice section of Charleston with no worries about your vehicle after dark. The lobby is nice, the staff was very pleasant when checking in and the room was very clean, well equipted and the bed was great for a good night's sleep. The continental breakfast is a good one and overall, my wife and I were very pleased wih the "mistake" that I made. If only all of my mistakes turned out this well.

Room Tip: If you happen to be visiting someone at the St Francis Hospita, this is about 1.6 miles and one of t...
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was our first visit to Charleston, SC, therefore I had no idea which hotel to stay during our visit. As a Choice Hotel member, I put my total confidence in them and we stayed at the Comfort Suites West of the Ashley. I am happy to state that we made a great choice. Upon check in, the desk registra, Kim was extremely professional and helpful. The adjoining rooms were extremely clean and lot's of room. At the end of the night, the shower head even made
our stay more relaxing. A hot breakfast was available from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., this was a major plus because we did not have to leave the hotel premises to feed our children breakfast. This even made our stay even more enjoyable. Overall, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Restaurants were near. I will visit this hotel location again and again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

wife and i came dn from charlotte to restock our freezer with seafood ,no luck with that deal but we did find a great hotel and a great city to have fun.as we enter the front lobby which is great,we found a little store with sweet treats,the best part was meeting kim at the front desk
who went out of way to help my wife with a little problem . The room we were in was very nice this weekend's weather was 70' in jan. WOW.. We were able to use all the facilities. pool,gym, business center, breakfast. Very nice place to relax and enjoy Charleston..This place gets 5 stars from me. bobbyandbj gibson charlotte nc

Athens, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wife and I decided last second to head to Charleston and what a great find in a hotel. Nice price and we were within 10 mins of the plantations, downtown and the beach. One letdown is the 1/2 pillows. Comfort Suites really needs to revisit this. So next trip I will remember to bring my own real pillow. Some road noise could be heard from the 2nd floor room we had.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites West of the Ashley? Share your experiences!