“"Staff Great Efforts"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Charleston
virginia beach
“"Staff Great Efforts"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The accommodation at Comfort Suites-West of The Ashely was great . I was very pleased. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Charlene's efforts were outstanding in helping to my first visit in Charleston a great visit. I am looking foward in coming back to West of The Ashely to visit all the history there in Charleston.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Grovetown, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Hotel was very clean. Rooms were great. Beds and pillows very comfortable. Charlene at the front desk is the best! She has amazing customer service skills and made me feel like we were old friends!
Temperature in the rooms was a little difficult to control and placement of the heating/air unit caused air to blow on us in the bed. But it wasn't so bad that I wouldn't stay again.
Overall good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We were in Charleston for 3 days and then went to Myrtle Beach. I noticed that this hotel was already highly rated, and the location was what we were looking for. At almost any price, it would be hard to do any better than this hotel. Great room service, super location, friendly staff, good hot breakfast, very clean, quiet rooms, and easy, safe parking. Next time I come to Charleston, this is where I will stay. Glad we decided to stay for 3 nights instead of just 2. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Motel was really great. Staff awesome too. Kim made our time there very special. Great location, breakfast really good and the desk made it easy to find places. Alot of history in the area. So many places to see. The hotel had all the things we were looking for. Surprised of the location, but the room was quite. Keep up the great job!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about kim. I will make sure your compliment is relayed to her. It is folks like yourself that make us strive even harder to be one of the best places to stay.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Positives first
1. Location
2. Charlene was very nice
3. Price
Negatives
1. Room was not cleaned our first full day there and when we arrived back at 9pm we discovered this issue. We had fresh towels brought to our room but didn't have it cleaned because we just wanted to shower and sleep after a long day in Charelston. We even asked the front desk person to make sure our room was cleaned when we left in the morning because the cleaning people started at our end of the hotel and we were still in the room at 10:30 am. When we checked out today my wife mentioned this to the fromt desk person, said that she told them to clean and there was nothing she could do when my wife asked for a discount on the stay. Not that I am sorry or anything else on her part. The morning before this same desk person was talking to other staff and her mouth was terrible for the lobby of a hotel with kids around.
2. Breakfast - poor selections. Terrible coffee and ran out of creamer. waffles were sticking to the maker and when we asked the lady working that area she said they had no spray and would have maintenance clean it. Maintenance ? Don't understand that one.
3. Dining area was so disgusting. Sticky and after people ate the breakfast person was not cleaning a thing. She would come out every so often to check the food and then disappear again.
4. Employee Blazer parked outside the front door each night. Why? People trying to unload vehicles and there was only one lane available because of this. Makes no sense at all.
5. Rooms were not very clean. There was still soap scum in the bath tub area.

We stayed here because it looked good in the reviews but very average at best. Morning desk person not helpful at all. It is worth paying the extra 20-30 a night for a better hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for letting us know of the problems that occurred during your stay. I will take this up with all of our staff. We did although notice that you did have a do not disturb sign on your door and this is why the housekeeping department did not service your room. As you can see by our many great reviews is that this is a very rare situation. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.
Pass Christian, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly eager to please. The room was well-appointed and clean. The only drawback (and the reason for 4 instead of 5 stars) is getting out of the parking lot without having to deal with traffic or a wait for an opening. There's really not anything the hotel can do about it so I shouldn't complain, just be aware at rush hour that you may wait awhile to get going in the right direction! Otherwise, all about this place was truly wonderful and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My family planned a wonderful surprise baby shower for me at the Comfort Suites in West Ashley. The staff, Ms. Laura and Ms.Charlene went above and beyond to make sure everything was set up prefectly..When I arrrived, the hotel was clean, and pleasant with a warm smile from the guest relations personnel..During my stay I was able to enjoy my luxurious clean room with a jucuzzi and king size bed. The hotel is minutes away from the historical city in which we shop and ate dinner downtown..Thanks for making my stay so enjoyable!!!

Ms. Gwen 2012

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesWA, General Manager at Comfort Suites West of the Ashley, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for kind review on Charlene and laura. I will make sure that I relay your kind words to them. We look forward to possibly having you stay with us again.

Been to Comfort Suites West of the Ashley? Share your experiences!