“Best steak, top notch hospitality, warm atmosphere and ambiance! 5 star experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
434 King St., Charleston, SC 29403
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 759 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We had the aged NY Strip, corn casserole and chopped salad, all of which were better than you wiukd ever imagine. The brothers greeted us at the front door, cleaned tables and asked how our dinner was going. Top notch hospitality, ambiance and food. A must try in Charleston and I wish we lived closer bc it is truly an amazing experience.

Sparta nj
“Best meal we've ever eaten!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The Halls family made our weekend so special. My husband and I eloped last weekend in Charleston, and had the best meal we've ever eaten at Halls. From our appetizers, through dinner, and the through desserts, we continued to be amazed. It was our first experience there and absolutely won't be our last. We were greeted by one of the owners, and before dinner arrived had talked his brother and mother, who were just saying hello and making sure everything was great. We had no family with us, but by the end of the night we felt as if they were a part of our family. The service was impeccable- each person we encountered was knowledgeable, attentive, and so friendly. They made us feel like we were the most special people in the restaurant (although the restaurant was packed full). I'm pretty sure they have that effect on every table. In addition to the incredible tasting food, the cozy atmosphere is one of a kind. We recommend the Kansas City Ribeye and the Bison topped with truffle butter (a special). It is a must for anyone visiting or living in the area!! We can't wait to return!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Simply AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have been wanting to dine at Hall's Chophouse for quite some time -- I finally made it there. It is VERY expensive so not a place to eat every week. For one person -- two cocktails, salad, entree, dessert and coffee along with well-deserved tip was $159 and that was probably cheap. That said, it is everything people said it is. From the friendly welcome at the door to the thank you when leaving -- everything was top notch. The 434 martini was a pleasant way to start the meal. I then had the 1/2 chopped salad to start -- I don't often comment on a "salad" but have to say it was AMAZING. Then came the meal -- I had the petite filet which was cooked to perfection. The table shared three side orders -- skillet corn, mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. I have to say, all three were FABULOUS. Finally -- dessert. I have to say these were probably some of the best desserts I have ever had. We had the bread pudding (WOW!) and Caramel Cake which was 12 layers deep. SERVICE was spectacular -- very attentive and personal. I could not have asked for a better dining experience. No to end on a sour note, but the one down side is noise. It's a very open space so very loud -- I found myself having to talk loudly so my dining friends could here. HIGHLY recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you want eat a very good steak here is a place the owner are friendly for buisness dinner it is perfect

Indpls.,IN
“All I Can Say Is WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of eating at Hall's Chophouse on Nov. 5th 2013. All I can say is wow! This is what a restaurant experience should be like. We were met at the door by one of the Hall brothers who own the restaurant and welcomed to his establishment. We had the corner table looking out at the whole first floor of the place as well as the street scene going on to our right. Great wine list and very reasonable. We ordered a bottle of cabernet and without even asking the staff decanted it. Then avoiding one of my pet peeves the staff asked first before pouring more into our glasses. Because it was a cabernet it needed all the time it could get. Waiters are always butting in and trying to pour our the bottle to try and get you to buy a second. Not here, Hall's staff really tried to tend to our needs not theirs.
Food was hot, cooked just right and timed for service just right. The bar scene was hot and lots of good energy going on all over. The owners were everywhere talking to the patrons and just enjoying themselves as proud owners should.
Can't say enough about our experience and what a wonderful place Hall's is.