“Hidden Gem of Charleston, worth finding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #223 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Healthy, Organic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meeting St.
“Hidden Gem of Charleston, worth finding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had heard about this restaurant a few times (Charleston Magazine and Oprah) and finally stopped in. I'm a big fan of the Alice Waters slow food movement and was thoroughly impressed. I had a garden salad and bowl of lima bean soup.. delicious. Ms Alluette and her daughter Savannah were very sweet, and they were good company during my late late lunch/early dinner at 4pm in the afternoon. If you're looking for healthy, real food and some local flavor, I'd strongly suggest checking them out.

cost: Soup, salad and water cost me $19 (a little steep but worth the price for REAL ingredients)

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Naples, Florida
“Organic and cooked fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

All the veggies served here locally grown. Seafood, chicken and beef are local as well. All meals are made to order so longer wait for food. The food was excellent. They have some books and board games to pass the time or you can just chit chat with your group. Felt the service was slow and the place wasn't that busy. We were not the only table that had to wait and ask for our check. It is place that I would go back again because if the food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great casual lunch spot for tasty organic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to Alluette's during our visit to Charleston. We were looking for a local spot with great lunch food and found it here. While it doesn't look all that appealing on the outside, the food is fantastic. They have organic certifications, use local/fresh produce and are very vegan/vegetarian friendly. We ordered the Geechi Girl Angus burgers and they were so unique and tasty. Would definitely recommend and return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Fresh food, great for Vegetarians”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was the best meal we had during our week stay in Charleston, and it was some of the best soup and salad we ever had. We went for lunch, around 1:00 pm. and there were very few people there at the time. My husband and I both got the lima bean soup, which they have every day, and it's vegetarian. It was amazing! I don't know how they get it to be so flavorful. There was kind of a long wait because they had run out of soup, and the new batch wasn't quite ready yet when we got there...but it was soooo worth the wait! I got the spinach salad, which might seem kind of boring, but it was also amazing. The vegetables were so fresh and flavorful (all their produce is organic and from local farms) They also have a really good "geechy" salad dressing. My husband got the black bean burger, and we both also loved that. It came with cole slaw on it which was good too. And we also both got the sweet tea and loved that too. The waiter was very friendly and attentive. It was sort of pricey for lunch, but it was well worth it. In general we found food in downtown Charleston was very expensive, so this restaurant wasn't any different in that regard. But the price matched the quality of the food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wooster, Ohio
“For epicures and treasure-hunters!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Whatta find! Off the beaten path, cozy & friendly, interesting menu, but I gotta agree: availability of some basic menu items such as hummus cannot be relied upon. Still, we liked it SO much that we nearly went back again the same day!

• Visited May 2013