“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 195 Activities in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Charleston’s incomparable beauty, unique history and flourishing preservation with your acclaimed guide, Joyce Weir, whose knowledge of Charleston heritage, culture, and architecture is unmatched. Your 2 hour tour can be customized to what interests you most, which may include magnificent mansions, mysterious graveyards, graceful gardens, Revolutionary and Civil War sites, secret passageways, cobblestone streets,slave history. Got a camera? Photo tips provided! Tours depart 7 days a week at 96 Meeting Street in Washington Park. 9am in July and August. 10am the rest of the year. Reservations required.
Overland Park, Kansas
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Joyce is well prepared and has a great handle on the history of Charleston, and her enthusiasm for the city is obvious. Loved the fun little details that you wouldn't get just by reading a history of the city. Pace was good for a general overview and let you know what spots you might want to go back to for a more in-depth visit. On the down side, we weren't be photographers and rather than picture taking hints, I'd have preferred more history. Maybe a seperate photography tour would be a good idea?

Midlothian, Virginia
“WONDERFUL Tour & Photos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I were in Charleston a few days before a cruise and wanted to take a walking tour of this historic city. We were overwhelmed by the number of tours available, so chose this one because I love to take pictures.

Let me tell you this tour is one of the best walking tours we have ever taken. Joyce made the tour so personal and I loved her photo tips. Joyce knows so much about this city and she will share it with you throughout your walk. We took some wonderful pictures and got so many great tips for not just taking pictures in Charleston, but everywhere! I now look for puddles all of the time (you'll understand after to tour).

This tour is just as described on the website plus some.....you won't be disappointed!

Atlanta, Georgia
“A fun way to explore the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I picked this tour after finding a coupon on the Visitor's Bureau website. I was looking for something to do for a few hours while my boyfriend went to work. I enjoy photography and thought this was a fun way to explore the city from different angles, and maybe learn something new in the process. Things changed and my boyfriend ended up coming along, which thankfully wasn't a problem because there were only two others signed up for our tour. It was a fun two hours and I drained my battery in the process, despite the pending rain. Our pictures came out great and I'm excited to print them out and upload them to social media! Joyce was a great tour guide and knew all sorts of interesting things. However, I feel like the tour was a little too fast-paced at times. I frequently would discover a new angle I wanted to photograph, but couldn't because we had to move on. But I wouldn't classify that as a deal-breaker. On the upside, I felt like we got a lot of individualized attention because we were in such a small group. Definitely worth the time and money!

Columbus, Indiana
“Excellent Tour & Excellent Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We took this tour about a week ago and had a wonderfull time. So many interesting buildings and gardens to see and Joyce new all the facts and figures. She had no script or notes. She new her facts perfectly and has fallen in love with this city...and it shows!!!!!!!!

4 attraction reviews
“Wet Weather Didn't Dampen the Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Despite the absolutely horrid weather during my visit, I thoroughly enjoyed the photographic tour through history Charleston. Not only did we learn some of the colorful history of the town, but also with an eye to the changing architecture and unique sites that I might have otherwise passed by if not on foot. I happened to be in a small group (just me and another couple) which I think made it much easier to navigate with our umbrellas. Photography is my hobby, but the tips that she provided about where the best angles were and shooting reflections in puddles gave me postcard perfect pictures! Will definitely do again when I'm in Charleston (hopefully in nicer weather)!

Visited August 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction