“The best anywhere!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zero Water Street Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charleston
Zero Water Street Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Zero Water Street Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
31 East Battery, Charleston, SC 29401 (Charlestowne)   |
Ranked #9 of 43 Charleston B&B and Inns
Camden, NY
“The best anywhere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have stayed in hotels and b&b's all over the country and abroad. Zero Water Street is the best. The space, the comfort, the hospitality, the eat when you want breakfast and oh yeah the fabulous porch and view. We just wanted to get away for a few days so I searched in many cities and many types of accomodation. Once I looked at their website and saw the reviews I had to try it. From the moment we were met at the door by Jim until the moment we left we felt at home. Walking distance to much of Charleston and with the battery practically at your door you can't ask for more. You want a quiet place for romance, for peace and quiet or just a comfortable place to enjoy all that Charleston has to offer Zero Water Street is the place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Charleston has been blessed with many World Class hotels and B&B's. However, now that I have stayed at Zero Water Street I simply cannot imagine staying anywhere else. This property has everything...charm, comfort, location, history, wonderful owners, and the best view in Charleston.
As others have mentioned the "room" consists of the entire third floor of the home. It is spacious (about the size of our entire house back in Texas!), comfortable, and tastefully designed. Perhaps the greatest feature is the piazza (porch) that runs along the south wall. Complete with a swing and a hammock, it is a great place to relax after a long day of sightseeing.
The location is awesome. Although we had a rental car, we did not need it. Everything was within walking distance.
The Owners, Jim and Cordes Simpson, were very friendly and welcoming. They are both very knowledgable when it comes to Charleston's history and they can make great recommendations for dining, sightseeing, etc.
Breakfast is self-serve, which is great because it allows the traveler to decide the time and menu. The fare is light but ample. A special treat was the delicious cake that appeared in the room each day. We felt spoiled!
The only negative I could possibly find is that the stairs to the third floor are narrow and steep which could possibly pose a problem to someone with mobility issues.
In summation, I think Zero Water Street is one the best B&B's that you will ever find (anywhere!). The price is fair considering all the ammenities and the size of the rooms. The location is perfect and the views are stunning. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsbrugh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Simply the best place to stay in Charleston. Just got back from celebrating our anniversary there and I am already plotting a way to get back! Everything was lovely...from the owners, FABULOUS porch, to the yummy bread you get for your breakfast. Will probably not be able to stay anywhere else in the city now.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at a number of B & B's over the years, we have never been in as unique a location as 0 Water street; other reviews have accurately described the setting: the entire 3rd floor of an old Charleston home, within 30 ft of the battery walk along the harbor. Definitely for the more independent B & B goer: breakfast items are provided (bagels, yoghurt, fruit, coffee) excellent quick breads freshly made, but you prepare your own; stairs to the floor are indeed narrow and steep--a true challenge for any with mobility issues. The owners (Jim and Cordes) live on the 2nd floor, in-laws on the 1st; a tour of the building is graciously given upon request despite their residence and is well worth it for architectural and historical reasons--it is a beautiful building in a beautiful location, very well cared for. Help and information is always available, but not intrusive. A perfect place for a quiet, romantic getaway.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at Zero Wayer Street the last weekend of Aug, 2012. What a wonderful home! The home owners were very accommodating, saw to our requests, and made our stay memorable. To have the entire third floor was amazing. We had our own kitchen, living room, bath, bedroom and the most wonderful deck. The deck included a hammock for two, a swing, rocking chairs, and a breeze that kept us cool and enjoying all the sites along the battery. That's right, this home (built in the 1830's) is located right on the battery with views of the bay. We were able to watch the horse drawn carriages on the street, the sailboats in the bay and a cruise ship on its way out to sea. If all of this doesn't sell you on Zero Water Street, then I will share the ace in the whole. They have the cutest Golden Retriver named Chase who will shake your hand, either the right or the left, your choice! We WILL return to Zero Water Street!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Southsea, Portsmouth, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I travelled around the eastern United States during the summer of 2012 and made my first visit, for four nights, to Charleston, SC. My abiding impression of this attractive and welcoming city has to be bound up with my accomodation whilst there. Jim and Cordes Simpson are the most delightful owners of a B&B I have ever met. From the minute I arrived with my heavy at the end I felt totally at ease as if I was at home. I am interested in these ante-bellum houses myself and Jim very kindly took me on a tour of the rest of the residence during my stay - a most beautiful and stylish home filled with character and style. I was very impressed by the fact that one can stay on the entire top floor of the house with the adjacent piazza looking out to Fort Sumter and the harbour (I believe a piece of the original wood from the mortars that fired the first shots is in the house somewhere...) . I needed a relaxing few days here and I felt thoroughly restored by the end of it. There is privacy to come and go as one pleases; to rise and eat breakfast, on the piazza, with no other guests to meet - a real boon as far as I am concerned; very spacious rooms to enjoy which are immaculate and spotless; a bed not my own that gave me the best night's sleep in years...The breakfast is ample and the daily supply of cake a treat too. I really enjoyed being on the Battery itself and finding everything totally walkable to - dozens of other historic properties, restaurants and shops, local historical sites, museums and so on. This house is a real gem and I am glad I happened across it. I hope to return for a second stay at some point. Thank you, Jim and Cordes. Andros Z. Xiourouppa

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Everything about Zero Water Street is perfect. The home, the piazza, the views, and the delightful hosts make this bed and breakfast delightful. Thank you for one of our best stays in Charleston ever.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Zero Water Street Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!