We have stayed at many places in downtown Charleston, SC. I had often seen the Fulton Lane Inn on my searches and this time around, I finally decided to try it.
1) Love the location. Right off King street and Market, it is perfectly located in the hub of shopping and night life.
2) We were celebrating our 20th anniversary and we noted that on our reservation. The Staff had champagne waiting in our room when we arrived. Nice touch and thoughtful!
3) The rooms are so welcoming. We chose the Fireplace King, and loved it. It was a warm weekend in Charleston for December, but we were able to turn on the fireplace one night. So cozy. We've stayed in other small hotels where the Decor is over stated but the Fultan Lane Inn got it right. Nice touches, but not over the top with a simple, elegant feel. Love the bath robes in the rooms as well. Didn't use the whirlpool tub, but very large and looked inviting.
4) One of my favorite touches was the room service breakfast! Loved that. We never have liked mingling at breakfast time. I absolutely LOVED the fact that the staff delivers breakfast. You simply leave your choices on your door and time of delivery and you get a call in the morning when the breakfast is on its way. LOVED IT!
The only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars, is because I think that should be reserved for an extremely high end hotel with luxurious accommodations. The Fulton Lane Inn exceeded my expectations and we will definitnely stay here again.
If you are looking for a good restaurant - We recommend COAST. It is a little off the beaten path, but quite yummy!
Also - take the cycle rickshaws if you need to go further than a few blocks. A great way to get
around and fairly inespensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A romantic hideaway in America’s most enchanting city, The Fulton Lane Inn is private, intimate and exceptionally accommodating. The Fulton Lane Inn surrounds you with the comfort and gracious ambiance of a bygone era. Many of our spacious rooms feature oversized whirlpool baths and luxurious canopied beds, draped with hand strung netting. Other rooms boast cathedral ceilings and several offer fireplaces.Throughout, soaring windows frame captivating vistas of the city's historic skyline, punctuated with the many trademark church spires. The charm and spirit of the Old South live on in this historic inn, built by the family of Confederate blockade runner John Rugheimer. Regarded as the most sophisticated city in America, antebellum Charleston was the cradle of Southern gentility. The proper Charleston home then welcomed summer's casual pace by covering formal furnishings in airy muslin, replacing wool carpets with sisal, and positioning shutters to admit fresh breezes and to provide gentle shade. At the Fulton Lane Inn, that spirit has been beautifully recaptured. Here, light filters softly through louvered shades, casting an inviting glow on lush plants. The patina of fine woods, natural textures and soft pastels invite you to indulge in the simple pleasures of a more gracious time. During your stay, you'll be pampered with complimentary continental breakfast delivered to your room each morning. Our traditional Southern hospitality continues with sherry in the lobby each evening. Of course, our concierge is always at hand to attend to your every need. You're just a mere stroll from the famous harbor, historic homes and attractions. The Fulton Lane Inn is situated just off King Street, tucked away on a pedestrian lane in the heart of the city's famous historic district. The inn is literally surrounded by countless fascinating boutiques, scores of antique shops and elegant restaurants. There are countless ways to enjoy the Fulton Lane Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Fulton Lane Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fulton Lane Hotel Charleston
- Fulton Lane Charleston