“Pampered!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 55 Hotels in Charleston
Greensboro, NC
“Pampered!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

The Fulton Lane Inn goes above and beyond what any bed and breakfast is expected to. They worked with my (now) fiance to make his proposal as romantic and perfect as possible. The workers even went to the local wine stores to find my favorite wine for him to have when he proposed. We had gone out for dinner and while we were gone, they turned on the fireplace, had the wine and glasses out, and put rose petals all over the floor and on the bed. Whatever we needed, they were more than happy to do for us. Nothing was too much and everything was done with a smile. The room was beautiful and quaint and very clean. After the proposal, all of the employees stopped us in the entry to see the ring and congratulate us. I felt like they truly cared about making sure our stay was wonderful. I highly recommend this b&b to anyone staying in Charleston!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Irmo SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary and were thrilled! We had a little mix up with the room when we first arrived and the staff was incredibly helpful. They very quickly got everything fixed and even sent up a bottle of champagne to apologize! We were unsure of where to have dinner, so we asked for suggestions and the staff made a suggestion, the reservtion, and then went as far as to have transportation set up since we didn't want to drive!! Everyone was super nice and went out of the way to help!! The turndown servcice was great and so was the location. The rooms were clean and we loved the jacuzi!

• Liked — The helpful staff
  • Disliked — The weather
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
sacramento, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

I am usually one that likes the smaller, so called "charming" places to stay. And admittedly, it was a busy week to try and get a hotel room in Charleston, so this hotel was not my first choice by a long stretch. That being said, it's pretty dated. The room definitely needs some new carpet and wallpaper, and the bathroom was straight out of a Holiday Inn, complete with plastic cups. Not real impressive for the $260 a night price. The one good thing I will say is that the desk staff were great - very polite and helpful. Still, didn't make up for the lackluster accommodations.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the reviews - but found the inn completely charming. The staff was very attentive and courteous. The afternoon wine and morning breakfast were taken in a lovely courtyard setting. The room and bath were clean and comfy. If you're used to trendy, big city hotels with fast internet service, this isn't for you. If you want a stay that is uniquely Charleston, you'll love it!

• Liked — Breakfast & wine in the courtyard
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
ky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

This could be the jewel of Charleston!
But it is getting run down, and has no style!
I have also stayed at the sister property, Kings Inn and found it a little better.
The Fulton Inn has Sherry, etc. in the lobby for guest but there were bugs on it from being filled but not cleaned.
The afternoon wine, etc. looked like it was setup at 2 star hotel. The atrium could be so wonderful if they would have some ventalation, fan or something!
Watch out for the price! I just got the e-mail from "CHARMING INNS OF CHARLESTON" with the specials for hot August----hummmm! Same prices to me! Yet, one time I was in the lobby and someone walked in off the street and got a fabulous price! When I asked why it was not offered to me they had no answer.
In all, I give this Inn a 2 1/2 star rating which is a real shame since it could be so special with just a little thought!

• Liked — spacious
  • Disliked — noise, lack of style in some areas
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

I was worried that we had made mistake after reading some reviews. Fulton Lane turned out to be a wonderful stay. The room was big and very clean. It was much nicer than a stay in a traditional hotel. The inn was very quite, you could not hear the other rooms. We also enjoyed that breakfast was delivered to the room each morning. The staff was helpful and very pleasant.
We are going back in the fall and we will be staying at Fulton Lane Inn. We are also booking this same room for my parents when they visit charleston later in the summer. Thanks again for a great week.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — The parking
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

I booked a room at the Fulton Lane Inn with some trepidation after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I knew the location was great because I used to live in Charleston, but I really didn't know anything about the inn other than that. We were promptly greeted when we arrived, and check-in went smoothly. The concierge was very helpful and offered to make dinner reservations if we so desired. The room wasn't huge, but definitely large enough so that it didn't feel claustrophobic. The bathroom was huge with a jacuzzi tub, and everything was clean. The only negative that I can really say about the Fulton Lane Inn is that the bed was squeaky, but it was comfortable, so we were satisfied. The room did smell a little damp when we first arrived, but having lived in Charleston for several years, I understand that the heat and humidity can do that, and once we turned up the air conditioning, that minor problem was solved. I would definitely stay at the Fulton Lane Inn again.

• Liked — Location, value, charming room
  • Disliked — Squeaky bed
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Fulton Lane Inn? Share your experiences!