“Great little cafe / diner” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 758 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated restaurant since 2005 serving Breakfast 8:00 am - 11:00 am and Lunch 11:30 am - 2:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday Serving breakfast Sunday 9:00 - 2:00. Reservations always accepted.
Haymarket, Virginia
“Great little cafe / diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped there for Sunday breakfast. We had to wait a bit, but that's to be expected on Sunday mornings at any decent restaurant. The owner/manager(?) told us that next time we should call ahead and make a reservation, which we'll do the next time we're down in the Charleston area.

We were both quite happy with the food and the prices were reasonable. We would definitely recommend Sunflower Cafe to others.

Forest City, North Carolina
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Food was great, atmosphere was delightful. Very laid back, hometown feeling. A little pricy
( but competitive for the area) but you get a lot of delicious food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Awesome Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We are locals and have never been here before. Wow!! What an awesome place to have breakfast! It was a very calm and relaxing place to sit and enjoy breakfast!! We will be back for sure! :)

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good lunch place if you are in the Ashley River Road area for Middleton Place or Magnolia Plantation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went based on Trip Advisor reviews being so great. We were headed to Middleton Place and wanted to eat before we got there. I think this is a place alot of locals frequent (which is usually a good sign). It's nothing fancy. And I'm a little picky about cleanliness of restaurants. The restaurant itself seemed clean enough... but we said right in front of the wide open door leading into the kitchen which kind of scared me. It looked basically like a warehouse or garage. So strange!! The place was so bright and cheery and the area the food came from was just a bit scarey. I did watch back there as much as I could and the employees seemed clean and everything they carried seemed clean and covered. So I supposed it is clean... that was my biggest concern with this restaurant though. My husband ordered a burger and would not recommend it at all. It's just a pre-made patty and it was very well done. The bun and veggies were good though. I had a "triple sandwich"... basically the club. It was really good! And the fries for both of us were pretty good too. The sweet tea was also good.... but if you order soft drinks they come out in the can which we thought was a little strange. The special on Friday was fried shrimp. I think the special is the way to go... every time that or the filet mignon sandwich came out of the kitchen my husband regretted ordering the burger. The shrimp looked great!! Can't say enough about the service... their staff was great and super friendly!! We would go back... and we would order the special!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tyler, Texas
“Great food for such an unpretentious-looking place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Sunday brunch with mostly omelettes and 2 lunch specials made the lunch choice easy. The specials were so good, I can understand why their choices were small. I can recommend The Sunflower Cafe without any hesitation. For less than 10 bucks each, we had a great lunch!

• Visited September 2013