“Dependable, consistent good food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #101 of 759 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated restaurant since 2005 serving Breakfast 8:00 am - 11:00 am and Lunch 11:30 am - 2:00 pm Tuesday through Saturday Serving breakfast Sunday 9:00 - 2:00. Reservations always accepted.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Dependable, consistent good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have eaten here for years...and consistently are treated to good food and great service... Someone told us John has left which is disappointing ( one of the best waiters ever)... At lunch , try the salmon salad which is my standby.. It is mixed greens with onions,dried cranberries and a big piece of broiled salmon. I am not usually a salmon lover but order it here all the time! There is a dearth of good,, family owned businesses that aren't chains and ths one fits the bill.

Prices are reasonable. As stated elsewhere here, the place could use a little fresh paint and help decorating.... but the food and service are well worth the trip.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kiawah Island, South Carolina
“Charleston's Best Family Neighborhood Cafe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

When you enter the doors of this restaurant you immediately are made to feel like your business is appreciated and that you are very much welcomed. Never have I encountered such a friendly staff and a restaurant where one is made to feel like you're dining at an old friend's home. The family who runs this establishment does an outstanding job at making certain that the servers are attentive and that the patrons are well-taken care of. I am always greeted by smiling, friendly faces, no matter how busy the restaurant is. The food is outstanding. I can honestly say that I've never had anything on the menu that wasn't incredibly tasty. Even though it is a cafe, the menu items are far from your standard fare. Everything is extremely enticing and all items that I've tried have been delicious. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. From their incredible lunch menu to their extensive brunch/breakfasts, you will not be disappointed. Definitely worth a try and more than worth the value. Extremely inexpensive for the quality of the food and the outstanding service. This is one of the few restaurants in Charleston that I can say is truly deserving of every accolade and praise it routinely receives from its patrons and in our local newspapers' reviews. It has quickly become the area's "gathering place" - and once you eat here it's evident why the parking lot is always filled to capacity. Great job Sunflower! We love your cafe - I only wish that you were open for dinner too!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Loveland
“AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We took a chance and pulled in here for lunch...and were not disappointed!! It was very clean and spacious. The service was sooo friendly!! I tried the BLFGT (bacon, lettuce, fried green tomatoes) sandwich and potato salad. The bacon was sweet/salty and the tomatoes were crunchy on the outside and soft inside. The potato salad was the best I've had since my mom's. My husband had the fried green tomato, crab cake and cream cheese sandwich and corn crab chowder. The sandwich was tasty but very rich! (Not in a bad way!) the chowder was hard to share...I wanted to eat it all!! We highly recommend this place for casual and friendly dining with great food!

“Perfect Saturday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

It was a wonderful experience!!! I had my baby shower here today and it was just lovely. It was a larger party so I was amazed how organized and prompt everything was. The drinks were quickly ordered and delivered. The food was a great twist on southern traditions. And everyone seemed to enjoy every bite. The staff all made a point to greet us and thank us for coming in. Overall a great experience to go along with a joyous occasion.

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Believe the hype!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I usually stay away from anything hyped...food, movies, fashion, etc. So, when we stopped here on the way to Magnolia Plantation and the menu said BEST SANDWICH IN CHARLESTON, I was very, very skeptical! But it IS THE BEST!!! Sandwich had yummy filet mignon, melted cheese and aioli on foccacia bread with phenomenal au jus for dipping. I split the sandwich with my spouse who also proclaimed it the BEST. He had a delicious ham and swiss with fried green tomatoes on a melt-in-your-mouth croissant. Crab and corn chowder was also delicious! This is family owned, with a cute little book shelf for children's books. No fancy china or cups...just great food. We spent much more at tourist places in downtown, but the very best meal of our entire Charleston trip was here. BEST MEAL!!

• Visited January 2013