We wanted to visit Charleston.. and bring our dog. Well, the reviews of tripadvisor are true. The property is a (Victorian) mansion which is a beautifully decorated B&B with excellent service.
The rooms are actually gorgeous suites with fireplaces !
Paid: $320 with taxes for a very spacious suite - with all the amenicities , jacuzzi (see pics)
Very friendly reception; with a very willing concierge service.
Enjoyed walking into the warmly lit room + romantic music already playing...and chilled champagne
Breakfast is at "Circa 1886" - salmon, cheeses, home-made waffle, fresh biscuits.
The historic section is a 10 minute walk and is considered safe. The city is a cultural gem and dog friendly. We love the mansion, and so does our dog !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston