I think I've stayed here about 10 times now, since 2000. The rooms are large, and I would imagine it would be impossible to replicate the decor and architecture if built today. The staff is perfectly wonderful. This is a very classy place. The location is great because it is not right on the main roads with all the shops/people but only a five minute walk from that. It is surrounded by big pretty houses deep in the heart of Charleston. I'm from South Carolina and many of my friends are from Charleston and you will not find a nicer hotel in Charleston, or South Carolina for that matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston