21 large rooms in an 1886 southern mansion, full of oak, Tiffany windows and plenty of gustatory amenities all day long. Very good restaurant out the back door. Easy walking to good restaurants , corner store, CVS, shopping; safe neighborhood a little on the tacky side (watch out for the sidewalks). Most cab/pedicab rides are $10, except for the airport, so you don't need a car. Very friendly and helpful staff will arrange delivered lunches, cabs, flowers, tours, etc. Lots of honeymoon couples, some infants, but not noisy at all. Gay-friendly as well. Can provide a free pass to a nearby (but small) fitness center.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.