The Wentworth Mansion has completely stolen my heart. My mom and I took a mother/daughter trip to Charleston and our trip would not have been as absolutely perfect if it were not for this gem of a hotel and their absolute amazing staff. Not only is the Mansion breathtakingly beautiful, but the staff went above and beyond to make our whole Charleston experience one that we will treasure forever and have us returning ASAP. I was so sad to leave, I booked a trip to stay at the Wentworth Mansion again next month with my husband. A few highlights of the hotel included the complimentary, amazingly delicious croissants, cinnamon rolls and sticky buns we would have with our coffee and paper first thing in the morning. We would then walk over to the restaurant for our complimentary gourmet breakfast where we were greeted with fresh fruit, more pastries, and some of the best breakfast foods I have ever had. Rice flour pancakes, anyone? Steel cut oats, frittatas, etc and if you are lucky, fried green tomato eggs benedict. Cocktail hour is from 5-6, where we enjoyed complimentary iced tea and lemonade or wine and hor d'oeuvres and socialized with other guests and staff or sat quietly by the fireplace reading books about Charleston we had picked up that day. The staff's recommendations on where to go, what to see, and where to eat where all spot on. Each room is beautiful, one of the managers let me see each category of rooms that was available at the time, and each one is perfect for anyone and what they are looking for in a room. This hotel is truly spectacular. The decor and history and atmosphere is incredibly sublime, cozy, and you are made to feel right at home. Not to mention the spa at the hotel was magnificent. My mom had a fantastic facial and I had a detoxifying body wrap that left us both renewed, restored, and relaxed. I have stayed in many hotels all over the country, and the Wentworth Mansion is, by far, my favorite. It will always hold a special place in my heart. If you have any doubt over where to stay in Charleston, look no further. Every want or need will be met.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Fareportal so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.