A unique and perfect experience in a world otherwise filled with compromise. Service was perfect from our very late arrival through our departure a week later. The 1886 building is an masterpiece of the period architecture and is in excellent repair. Our room was well appointed (spa, fireplace, very comfortable bed with your choice of down or polar flees pillows, a consistently well stocked refrigerator, spa and to die for chocolates every evening).
The concierges were as good or better than any. They were always extremely helpful, delivered results promptly, and had a vast knowledge of the city and city features.
We enjoy walking, and though we would ride a cab or bicycle cab on occasion we walked a great deal. Downtown was only a few blocks and made for a nice diversion as well as providing much needed exercise after the wonderful breakfast. On that note this is not your parents B&B. Breakfast included at least 6 choices (including the day's special) for the main course and was served by professional and charming wait staff. The food (breakfast and dinner) was the best we had in Charleston of the 5 restaurants where we ate. We walked to the Mansion every evening after dark feeling entirely safe and without any hint of possible problems. We never ventured north of Calhoun Street; however, Charleston south of Calhoun seems to be one of the safest cities we have visited.
I will admit the weather was perfect (I guess not your typical January, but I am not complaining) and was not a distraction.
In summary I would recommend the Wentworth Mansion without reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston